E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

#RoadTrip | Detroit to Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Welcome to beautiful Southern California. I live in downtown LA - one bedroom will run you $1,400+ with a parking space. Near downtown, Korea Town would be a little bit cheaper. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.apartmentratings.com/

A lot of people I know had success using craiglist to find apartments/condos. Good luck!

EDIT: I would also advise you to check-out the place you're interested at night to see if it gets loud as there may be bars/clubs near by if you choose to live in downtown area.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

welcome to cali! apt in dlta are a little pricy. i would suggest living maybe a couple miles out. try passadena, south passadena, glendale, burbank or montery park. you should be able to get decent living quarters with a garage without having to pay too much.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i 6spd sport Sapphire black...well satin white wrap

Glad to hear you made it! Good luck with everything in LA.

Now I have the sweetest 5'r in the Detroit area LOL!!!!!

Later bro, keep in touch.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Nice, glad you made it to SoCal safely. I used to live on the westside (Brentwood, Santa Monica, West LA, Culver City) and moved around a lot. I loved it there.

There used to be this site called westsiderentals.com (i think) and that always helped my buddies and I find a good spot without having to drive around all day.

EDIT:

Haha, well I guess westiderentals.com isn't what it used to be. Horrible reviews on yelp and their interface looks waaay different than from what I remember.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Welcome to SoCal! The enjoyment of where you live can be tied to where you work! Commuting here does suck - but the combination of great weather, access to beautiful(and varied)scenery, and amenities are unrivaled anywhere else in the country. That was some amazing road trip - thanks for sharing the pics! Best wishes to you. -Al
Old 05-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

How's the house hunting going?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545
Model Year: 2004

Welcome to SoCal bro!

Let me know when ur settled - still want you to wrap my interior pieces

I live in Playa Vista - awesome planned community on the WestSide.
For reference, 1 BR here would run you 1800-2000 which will include 1-2 parking spaces.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by wtlb
How's the house hunting going?
HORRIBLE!

ive been on craigslist, westsiderentals.com and zillow.com looking at places. ive been all over the city and figured out where i want to live (Westside/South Bay area). I never knew it was SOO expensive out here housing wise....ive had to up my budget considerably.

my main issue is i want a garage so i can continue to work on my car, buy and store a motorcycle (dreaming about a ducati 1199r) and a project car or two. So that has made things really difficult....and much more pricey.

most of the listings i find are very misleading (on purpose), or the agent/lister never answers or returns my phone calls. most places are really run down or in areas i wouldnt feel safe parking my car so now im exclusively looking in WEST El Segundo, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach & Redondo Beach.....ruled out culver city as i will be working in El Segundo...

im really shocked at how many people are just flat out false in their listing, dont return phone calls or are simply lethargic about the process of renting out their property. there must be a pleathora of renters out here w/ a strong demand because theyse home owners and brokers are the worst on the planet.

ive seen at least 50 properties by now....only been inside about 10 or 15 ...most others i have to look at from the outside because the owner/lister doesnt call me back lol

the hunt continues tomorrow. its really kicking my ass
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

welcome to california and our highly priced houses
Old 05-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by umichchris
HORRIBLE!
look at Torrance. and if you don't mind more of a drive look at La Miranda or Cerritos area