E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Resetting iDrive Business

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 AM
sRt
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I have the iDrive Business (M-ASK) with only one CD/DVD slot.
Because of this the resetting method with holding both the eject-buttons together with the volume knop doesnt work.

On late versjon E90's i know you can hold only the volume button for 25sek and it will reset.
But I have tried everything, but nothing works.

The reason for my reset is that my steering wheel buttons doesnt work, and Ive read about people in here that had the same issue but sortet it out with a reset. But of course they had two Cd slots....

Please help!
Old 10-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Members

If you have a CHAMP: Central Head Unit and Multimedia Platform then

Resetting CHAMP
CHAMP can be reset with the following measures:
? Control unit functions in the BMW diagnosis system
? Disconnection from the vehicle network
On the CHAMP, no reset button or reset button combination is implemented.

If you have another multimedia platform you may try simultaneously pushing the radio volume button, CD eject button and the IDrive controller knob for a brief time. I am guessing a brief time is about 5 to 20 seconds.

It might help others if you indicate the model year of the vehicle.

Index Explanation Index Explanation
1 6 favourite buttons 2 Button for FM mode and AM mode (fixed in the US version)
3 MODE button 4 Central Head Unit and Multimedia Platform (CHAMP)
Attached Thumbnails Resetting iDrive Business-champ1.jpg  
Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 PM
sRt
Members

thank for your reply

But I have the M-MASK version, so it looks exactly the same as on the picture exept from the buttons under the cd tray. I have only the CD tray, the eject button, volume button and the song-change-ting.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:43 PM
sRt
Members

bump
Old 01-07-2024, 11:07 PM
New Members

My Ride: Black 545i E60
Model Year: 05
Engine: N62

So nobody knows how to rest this system? Or just because it’s a business system nobody cares? There are others doing searches to find this information as I am one. After reading for a half hour just to figure out what you have and what it’s called and another half hour to 45 min searching for a fix that isn’t out there (I’ve searched for 45 min) & now it’s 2am and I’m no closer than I was three days ago. I’ve pulled everything out of the car, checked fiber signals and yes I have a flashing light all the way through and I still have no sound, my phone links to the system but still no sound. I really starting to get turned off on the bmw’s sounds like the dealer rips you off all the time, they break down after 100,000 mi and are stupid expensive to repair. All I want is music and it is turning out to be one of the hardest things I’ve attempted in several years I swear I can’t win when all I wanted to do is give my son his dream car. I feel like the father of the year……. NOT
even a shove in the right direction to get the info myself would be better or just say it can’t be done instead of finding another thread to comment on J/S
Old 01-08-2024, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 313 Likes on 300 Posts
My Ride: 05 530i M54
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54

I'm confused. Have you created a thread asking specifically for assistance with an issue you're having? Did you ever get the software you said you needed because without it you're not going to get anywhere. Did you ever get the MPM you ordered and install it yet? You can't start with fixing the radio problem until you have the MPM installed. Seems to me you have a lot going on with this car and if not articulated correctly and in depth we cannot begin to assist you with helping over the internet. Start a new thread and let us know what you need.

Last edited by seanjordan20; 01-08-2024 at 09:16 AM.