E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Research of Replacement Battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i Alpine White

My batterys weak and I just took my car into the STEALERSHIP and even though my car is under Factory warranty, they are refusing to put a new one in. They said that they got a fault reading that I left my key in the ignition and so it drained my battery, like when I wash my car or so. They put it on a overnight charge and said to drive around with it and to not leave the doors open or radio on or key in ignition if the car isnt fully on. It has been draining for over 3 weeks, I have had to jump the car on 3 occasions. I'm scared to let my wife drive it and she gets stuck somewhere.

This is BULL****. I have 5 months or 6,000 more miles till my warranty ends and if the battery cannot fully charge, they should replace it. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a new battery under warranty, should I call BMW National?

PLEASE ADVISE! Thanks
Old 11-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali
My batterys weak and I just took my car into the STEALERSHIP and even though my car is under Factory warranty, they are refusing to put a new one in. They said that they got a fault reading that I left my key in the ignition and so it drained my battery, like when I wash my car or so. They put it on a overnight charge and said to drive around with it and to not leave the doors open or radio on or key in ignition if the car isnt fully on. It has been draining for over 3 weeks, I have had to jump the car on 3 occasions. I'm scared to let my wife drive it and she gets stuck somewhere.

This is BULL****. I have 5 months or 6,000 more miles till my warranty ends and if the battery cannot fully charge, they should replace it. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a new battery under warranty, should I call BMW National?

PLEASE ADVISE! Thanks

You have a 4 year old battery. Nothing wrong with it needing to be replaced. If you are that worried about your wife replace the battery as soon as possible.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Sport Alpine White, winter package, comfort access, bluetooth, Satellite radio, tinted windows, Michelin Pilot Sports PS2s

Originally Posted by syrousd
+1

I chose aftermarket since I want the CCA rating to be 850 and by making the battery choice i have control of this. The BMW dealer can quote you a BMW battery but can also install a 650 CCA rating which was quoted to me.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Sport Alpine White, winter package, comfort access, bluetooth, Satellite radio, tinted windows, Michelin Pilot Sports PS2s

Originally Posted by wvcajun
What about "registering the battery"? I heard from my stealership that it is necessary to pay the to register the battery or else the car would not recognize the new one and thus not operate. Any truth to this? Any thoughts?

wvcajun

An Indy can register it for about $40. I did have mine done.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bonsai55555
I am deciding to replace my battery also. My original battery is starting to show some signs of going bad. After some debate, I decided to go with BMW OEM battery because it's about the same price as the aftermarket battery ($200 shipped from getbmwparts.com) My indy shop can register it for $35 so for a little under $250 with oem battery sounds reasonable....so why go with the aftermarket that cost about the same price?

I did contact getbmwparts.com when shopping form my battery. They stated they did not ship batteries. Did you get 850 CCA?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Members

My Ride: Metallic gray '05 545i Sport Black Leather with HUD, Step, Nav, PDC, CWP, K&N Air Filter, Black RPI scoop, Black painted calipers, 35% F1 Pinnacle tint, 19" RDSport RS-2F rims with Continental ExtremeContact DWs.

Originally Posted by CaptH
An Indy can register it for about $40. I did have mine done.
How can we tell if the battery has been registered? Can we look in the iDrive hidden menus to find this info?
Old 11-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by CaptH
I did contact getbmwparts.com when shopping form my battery. They stated they did not ship batteries. Did you get 850 CCA?

That's odd, on their website they offer shipping for $15. My local dealer offer it for $230 so I plan to just pick it up when my battery fully dead...