E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear Windshield Rubber Seal Fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012 | 02:11 PM
Members
Senior Members

Whats up guys i was wondering what i can do about this issue they all just start falling off any DIY'S any help would be appreciated? Heres the pictures so you guys can see

">
Old 09-04-2012 | 02:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

i found the seal from ECS Tuning but there is two different options one for vehicles without comfort glass, protective glazing, or safety glass and one for vehicles with comfort glass

http://www.ecstuning...xterior/Window/
Old 09-04-2012 | 02:46 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

DIY replacement

there you go, good luck mang!

IIRC, the 'comfort' glass is basically radiation blocking glass that has a rainbow color effect that's visible when looking at the glass from an angle, similar to the iridium coating OAKLEY puts on its sunglass lenses. You could always ask your dealer if you're not 100% positive.
Old 09-04-2012 | 02:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KyleB
DIY replacement

there you go, good luck mang!

IIRC, the 'comfort' glass is basically radiation blocking glass that has a rainbow color effect that's visible when looking at the glass from an angle, similar to the iridium coating OAKLEY puts on its sunglass lenses. You could always ask your dealer if you're not 100% positive.
thanks for the video brotha appreciate it if i give them just the vin number will they be able to tell me ? i dont wanna take a trip to the dealer
Old 09-04-2012 | 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

If your rear seal looks like that chances are the sunroof seal and front windshield top seal also needs replacing. I've started mine and I'll finish the front in the next days.
Old 09-04-2012 | 06:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

I ordered my replacement from ECS Tuning also however, I can't recall which one. I just went by the pics in their website and luckily it fit. Providing them with a VIN# shouldn't hurt. Install is very easily done, you should have no problem. I'm about to order my front windshield seals soon as they are now beginning to look like cookie crumbs.
Old 09-04-2012 | 07:15 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
I ordered my replacement from ECS Tuning also however, I can't recall which one. I just went by the pics in their website and luckily it fit. Providing them with a VIN# shouldn't hurt. Install is very easily done, you should have no problem. I'm about to order my front windshield seals soon as they are now beginning to look like cookie crumbs.
yea i contacted ECS they told me to contact them in the morning and if i tell them the Vin theyll tell me
Old 09-04-2012 | 07:17 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
If your rear seal looks like that chances are the sunroof seal and front windshield top seal also needs replacing. I've started mine and I'll finish the front in the next days.
they sure do bro once im done with the rear ill do the rest do you know how i can fix the noise from the moonroof not a wind noise like something sounds loose
Old 09-05-2012 | 12:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

What is the difference between vehicles with or without comfort glass. What is comfort glass?
Old 09-05-2012 | 02:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by ///M-Power
they sure do bro once im done with the rear ill do the rest do you know how i can fix the noise from the moonroof not a wind noise like something sounds loose
There were a few repair threads out that just needs a small piece of felt. I recall the noise sounding like a metallic or clinging sound. The seal around the roof is also very easy to change and really makes a difference in the cabin sound. Mine looked very good by itself, but when I compared it to the new one the old seal was really hard but not cracking but still needed to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Rear Windshield Rubber Seal Fix