E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear Trunk BMW Emblem Ripped Off

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

I was wondering how long it would take. My next door Neighbour who also has an E60 parks his car with his hood facing the street, they took his front emblem and my rear one. Anyone know how much this part is at dealer?

I saw some on Ebay but they are all black, no blue in them .

They left a nice scratch but fortunately it will be under the new emblem.

Guess I am fortunate they did not key my car.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 550i Sport

I lost one a while ago and picked one up from the dealer it was about ?12,
nice to get the car looking good again quickly.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by gabman' post='296296' date='Jun 12 2006, 02:17 PM
I was wondering how long it would take. My next door Neighbour who also has an E60 parks his car with his hood facing the street, they took his front emblem and my rear one. Anyone know how much this part is at dealer?

What the hell some one will do with those?? Trophys??

Skaffa
Old 06-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Members

Am wondering too ..... What will they do with it ???? wear it as a medal ???
Old 06-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Members

My Ride: F10 550i Sport

I know where I'd like to make them wear it
Old 06-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

looks like you will end up buying a pair one for your neighbours front and one for your trunk...so..either you go get both, or ask your neighbour to get you one..
Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='296334' date='Jun 12 2006, 08:10 AM
looks like you will end up buying a pair one for your neighbours front and one for your trunk...so..either you go get both, or ask your neighbour to get you one..
Emblem sizes are not universal. Make sure you specify the model of your car when ordering. I'm surprised you didn't see any on Ebay. They always have them on there.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

They're really inexpensive at the dealer. Specify the year and make and you'll be with one in no time. I think the front one is pretty much the same its the rear thats different.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gabman' post='296296' date='Jun 12 2006, 06:17 AM

Well this weekend in my subdivision, some kids used golf clubs to break the windows of 8 cars. Its graduation time here, and kids are trying to see how they can get kicked out of college before they start.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Senior Members

Same thing happened to me and my buddy's M coupe. our cars were vandalised together and they scratch out the paint so deep to pry the roundel. this was a year or more ago and i posted it here.

I suggest doing it the right way, visit a body shop and properly repair the damage. no matter how small, it will rust. do it right.
the original BMW roundel is not expensive (under $20), get it at the dealer. Why ebay? forget it.

there are many different sizes and forms for different BMWs, though they might look the same from a glance but not. get the specific one for your e60.

the piant repair was about $300, but what to do? we did it.

BTW kids here wear them as belt buckles, so hunt them down near local getto high schools. shouldnt be too hard. then break their fingers, one by one. shouldn't be too hard either.

Quick Reply: Rear Trunk BMW Emblem Ripped Off