E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear Left Window issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 12:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

For a couple of months now my rear left window makes a bit more noise than the others when going up. The noise is kind of like a low-pitched whine with a bit of "rrrrrr" in it. About a week and a half ago, maybe 2 wks, I finally got the "anti-trap function disabled" message and drove with that a little til I found Rudy's DIY on how to reset it. So I reset it and the message came back again today. I of course reset it again, but I'm wondering if this may be a simple issue that I can fix myself - I just don't know what to check for, can someone help me out please? Point me in the right direction.

Two possible causes: I have tints, or could be that when I had some body work done a while ago, some dust got under the door trim
Old 07-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='951368' date='Jul 23 2009, 04:36 AM
For a couple of months now my rear left window makes a bit more noise than the others when going up. The noise is kind of like a low-pitched whine with a bit of "rrrrrr" in it. About a week and a half ago, maybe 2 wks, I finally got the "anti-trap function disabled" message and drove with that a little til I found Rudy's DIY on how to reset it. So I reset it and the message came back again today. I of course reset it again, but I'm wondering if this may be a simple issue that I can fix myself - I just don't know what to check for, can someone help me out please? Point me in the right direction.

Two possible causes: I have tints, or could be that when I had some body work done a while ago, some dust got under the door trim

idk how to help you but how did you reset your anti tra funtion light ? cause mine just went on the other day no clue why and idk what to do,
but my window opens only 4 inches everytime i press the button i can roll it down all the way but i have to press it like 5 times. can anyone help me please?
and i dont have warranty so no dealers.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by benny530xi' post='952332' date='Jul 23 2009, 09:46 PM
idk how to help you but how did you reset your anti tra funtion light ? cause mine just went on the other day no clue why and idk what to do,
but my window opens only 4 inches everytime i press the button i can roll it down all the way but i have to press it like 5 times. can anyone help me please?
and i dont have warranty so no dealers.
Rudy has the proper DIY on this somewhere if you wanna search, but in a nutshell, this is what you do:

1. Start the car and put it in Park (neutral + hand brake if manual).
EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE From the switch on the door where the faulty window is (NOT from the driver's door)
2. Roll the faulty window all the way down (however many times you have to press the switch down).
3. With the window all the way down, press down the window switch and hold it down for EXACTLY 17 seconds.
4. After 17 seconds, immediately "flip" the switch to up and hold. The window will then roll all the way up and then down and back up again.
5. You're done. Enjoy
Old 07-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='952602' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:10 AM
Rudy has the proper DIY on this somewhere if you wanna search, but in a nutshell, this is what you do:

1. Start the car and put it in Park (neutral + hand brake if manual).
EVERYTHING HAS TO BE DONE From the switch on the door where the faulty window is (NOT from the driver's door)
2. Roll the faulty window all the way down (however many times you have to press the switch down).
3. With the window all the way down, press down the window switch and hold it down for EXACTLY 17 seconds.
4. After 17 seconds, immediately "flip" the switch to up and hold. The window will then roll all the way up and then down and back up again.
5. You're done. Enjoy
So the window just keeps going up and down. Who the hell wants that?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Contributors

i reset it too and its never come back, maybe its just the weather where you are at
Old 07-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Contributors

I think its either a piece of tint stuck somewhere in the mechaism or some dust. Can someone school me on how to clean everything out? I'll remove the door panels and get into mechanism myself, then what? I'm assuming, some brushes, pressurised air... any specific processes required? Also, I'm thinking there might be some greasing necessary. Any of this make any sense?