E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear centre console air vents

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

can anyone shed some light on why the rear centre console vents dont blow out warm air? see a hot cold air control and an open shut wheel but I can only ever get cold air to blow out of these vents. Is there a secret in getting them to blow warm air? I own a 2007 E61 if that makes any difference

Thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

In mine it usually takes a little while to get them to blow hot air. Also, are you sure your vent settings are set to blow air out of these vents? In the iDrive Climate screen, the middle air stream should be more than zero.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Members

I have hot air blowing out of the front vents so it should be OK
Old 01-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Members

Can anyone tell me if they have warm air blowing out of these vents?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-sport, retrofitted heated M-sport steering wheel with paddles, Sport-auto transmission

If you've tried changing the hot/cold adjustment back there to full red and still have no luck, then a trip to a dealer may be in the cards... the rear vents in my 550 blow hot in the winter, as the kids have the hot/cold control set to full red.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

Mine seem to have trouble blowing hot air too. Kids were going ballistic the other day and it made me . I couldnt find a vent setting for the rear seat via idrive.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:23 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
Mine seem to have trouble blowing hot air too. Kids were going ballistic the other day and it made me . I couldnt find a vent setting for the rear seat via idrive.
Actually I experienced the same problem (the car is 2006 530xi). Any thoughts on this issue?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Senior Members

This is a very common problem. Maybe it's not a problem, we just don't know how to use it? Sometimes it blows hot air in mine, sometimes it doesn't (when the adjustment wheel is set to hot). I have a car at the dealer currently so I'll ask about it on pick up. You can see more threads around the internet where E60 users are asking about the same issue.

What I have noticed though is that it may be related to Auto-climate configuration. Auto-mode thinks it's smart enough and you can't override it. You set the temperature for the left and right side and that temperature should apply to the back seats as well. However my passengers still complain that it's too cold in the back.

It is mostly true that the driver needs a lower temperature to concentrate on driving, while such temperature is not high enough for a passenger. So what feels comfortable in the front doesn't on the rear seat.

But: when you set the climate to manual mode, hot air starts to blow instantly in the back!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

I too have the this problem.

I have basic a/c controls so there is only one screen in the Idrive to change the settings, which I have tried
Old 01-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Let's add to this thread and keep going. I have not YET checked my rear vents. However, last time I checked they did blow cold air from A/C. Never use the heater much. However my passenger vents do not blow hot air while my driver's side blow "warm" air. I would not say it's hot air because in my E46, well THAT is hot air. Sure the car warms up but it's not HOT. I know how to control the iDrive and that doesn't work

I was thinking on checking to see if there is air pockets in the cooling system or what not. There is a blind plug which I thought is the bleeder screw but not really sure. This car isn't setup like other cars so it will take some figuring out. i haven't really investigated it too much but will one of these days.

Quick Reply: Rear centre console air vents