E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rear bumper does work!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Pulled up at traffic lights tonight, waiting for green light then bang car shot forward a foot. Visions of mangled back end as I hurried out to take insurance details and tell the guy what I thought about his parents and nothing, not a mark, not a scratch just perfect. I was delighted, patted him on the back and got back in the car out of the UK torrential rain.

The bumpers are good in my opinion and really protect the car
Old 11-08-2005, 02:46 PM
JDN
Contributors

You weren't going to accuse him of four-legged ancestry, were you!
Old 11-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Contributors

Lucky guy...

but now that we are on this note, one day a girl parked parellel to me. She opened the door and I heard a "bang"..i just said..oh oh..new door.

We both looked at my door and not a ding! Guess i got lucky on that day..but no phone from her! --- it was a very cute girl thought
Old 11-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='195399' date='Nov 8 2005, 06:56 PM
Lucky guy...

but now that we are on this note, one day a girl parked parellel to me. She opened the door and I heard a "bang"..i just said..oh oh..new door.

We both looked at my door and not a ding! Guess i got lucky on that day..but no phone from her! --- it was a very cute girl thought
Funny you should say that, I was at a motorway services the other day and some young cute suited chick was chatting to a collegue in another car with her door resting on mine. I flipped at her, most likely she was in a company car and couldn't give a sh*t.

Spend the whole night with Halle Berry or the whole day in an M5.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='195415
Lucky guy...

Funny you should say that, I was at a motorway services the other day and some young cute suited chick was chatting to a collegue in another car with her door resting on mine. I flipped at her, most likely she was in a company car and couldn't give a sh*t.

Spend the whole night with Halle Berry or the whole day in an M5.
[/quote]

Old 11-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='195390' date='Nov 8 2005, 03:39 PM
Pulled up at traffic lights tonight, waiting for green light then bang car shot forward a foot. Visions of mangled back end as I hurried out to take insurance details and tell the guy what I thought about his parents and nothing, not a mark, not a scratch just perfect. I was delighted, patted him on the back and got back in the car out of the UK torrential rain.

What!! shot a few foot forward and no visible damage? Are you sure??? no scratches? I wonder if theres internal damage that u cant see...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='195542

What!! shot a few foot forward and no visible damage? Are you sure??? no scratches? I wonder if theres internal damage that u cant see...
[/quote]

Well not a few feet just a foot and I had just taken my foot off the brake pedal to move off so that must have helped. Also it always feels much worse than it really is when someone shunts you from behind! Either way there is no damage.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Could it be that the M bumper is missing the reflector and that's why they can't see you and bumped you.