E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RDS w/stored radio programs.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

I am when I was storing a FM station the RDS worked and the name was on mypre-set's but it got stuck on that name and only showed that (song name and singer) info even though the song had gone and went.. well after a few days of showing the station as that 1 song I waited till the call sign of the radio station came on and re-stored it and now it only showes the FM call sign. My question is I could have sworn that if we kept it in our pre-set menu it showed the song that was on and we could select it???? but now it just shows the station names..

I'm sorry if I am talking like a wacko, hopefully u guys understand what I'm TRYING 2 say...
Old 05-23-2005, 06:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Mine does the same, but I thought it was more of a bug. Never expected to see the song shown in pre-sets. Maybe I didn't read the Fing manual though...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Nope didnt understand what you were saying but heres my take on storing station names on RDS.

You have to time it right. when it shows the station name then you QUICKLY hit store ok select the preset number and ok again... YUP all that in like 2 seconds... Takes some practice... you'll notice when you're selecting the preset spot the RDS also scrolls between station name and song name... time it and you should be able to get the station name stored... or turn off RDS and just set the station number.

It took me a while but I got it! Station name stored!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='May 23 2005, 11:22 PM
Nope didnt understand what you were saying but heres my take on storing station names on RDS.?

You have to time it right. when it shows the station name then you QUICKLY hit store ok select the preset number and ok again... YUP all that in like 2 seconds... Takes some practice... you'll notice when you're selecting the preset spot the RDS also scrolls between station name and song name... time it and you should be able to get the station name stored... or turn off RDS and just set the station number.

It took me a while but I got it! Station name stored!?
[snapback]132509[/snapback]
Interesting, I'll have to try to time it better. I just stored without paying attention and it stored the song name rather than the station call sign. I'll play with it some more, but frankly I use CDs or Sirius exclusively, so I've never looked back at it!
Old 05-24-2005, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Is this problem the same as mine? About half of the pre-sets I store are listed as LOCAL-#. I assumed that the radio stations associated with such pre-sets didn't send some essential RDS station-id 'tag' for the radio to detect and use in the pre-set display. All the stations that show us as LOCAL-# send RDS data including station names, artist and song titles, and station self-promotion info.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='May 23 2005, 11:22 PM
Nope didnt understand what you were saying but heres my take on storing station names on RDS.?

It took me a while but I got it! Station name stored!?
[snapback]132509[/snapback]
How do you turn off the RDS? I can?t find that setting... :'(
Old 05-24-2005, 07:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

In my car, the RDS is set. Then a few days later it goes away. It's been doing this ever since i got the car. Anyone have the same problem?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mille' date='May 24 2005, 10:04 AM
How do you turn off the RDS? I can?t find that setting... :'(
[snapback]132673[/snapback]
When in a radio display screen (presets, all, etc.) note that the SET command is highlighted. Push the I-Drive button to see a sub menu to store the station, adjust tone, etc. At the top is an RDS selection box. If checked RDS is on, if unchecked, its off.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='May 24 2005, 10:28 AM
In my car, the RDS is set. Then a few days later it goes away.? It's been doing this ever since i got the car. Anyone have the same problem?
[snapback]132678[/snapback]

Yes.. I have that too. Can't figure out when or why it shuts off, but it does all by itself and I have to turn it back on.

Also - I have the same problem with Song titles loaded in the Presets. I figured it out that you have to select the station for saving very quickly to 'just get the station name' in that slot. All better now!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

My RDS doesn't work at all. Worked when I first got the car about a year ago, but doesn't any more. I also do not have the option to chose to activate RDS or deactivate it. My '05 330 RDS works fine.

Quick Reply: RDS w/stored radio programs.