E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rattling dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Hi all,

after seven months of frustration, my dealer has been able to solve (at last!) the problem of groaning doors. A new set of seals has been installed and now, they are silent.
Unfortunely, there is still an issue unresolved: my dashboard is rattling heavily, especially when the car is twisted, for example when I come out of a ramp and I have one wheel on the flat surface and one wheel on the ramp itself. The dealer told me that it is caused by an earth connection cable behind the dashboard that, occassionally, starts to rattle.The workshop replaced the cablew with a new one but to no avail.

Can anybody tell me if there is a solution? The dealer is walking in thick fog.

Thank you in advance.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

I bet someone hid some drugs in there from its way to germany to you

Dont call BMWNA--- call 911
Old 02-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by xexyus' date='Feb 25 2005, 04:52 PM
I bet someone hid some drugs in there from its way to germany to you?

Dont call BMWNA--- call 911?
[snapback]94268[/snapback]
It's quite obvious you're not at all aware about the drugs highway here in Europe. Drug is not moving from Germany to Italy but the opposite way. So, this is not a good expanation.

Try again.

P.S. Maybe what happened is that a cuban-american living in Florida took a flight from Miami to Munich exporting to Germany some kilos of high quality cocaine, mistakenly put it in a car that was supposed to be bound to Berlin only to discover later, with some concern, that he's lost track of the car and that the nice guys from Moscow waiting for him in Berlin were getting very nervous (they paid in advance for that pure American export product). The poor guy is still running forth and back all over Germany to avoid the concrete shoes the Russians promised to him. Doesn't it sound a better explanation?