E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Rashed Wheel after Dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Brought my car in for service after the "check engine" light went on last Friday and was covered under the warranty. After getting the car back , I noticed that the driver's front wheel was all rashed up and the tire was slightly damaged! Seemed like they ran it through the wash and the rails rashed up the wheel , but in any case, I called the dealer and explained what happened. The service manager said to bring it in today (since it was a holiday weekend) to take a look at it.

Brought it in today for him to look at and the end result is that he said that they have to do right for me and will replace my wheel and tire , and also have it mounted and installed!

May be a catch 22 that the wheel was rashed , but really surprised me on how the dealer is stepping up to the plate. I guess I'll know for sure when it's all said and done!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

i just cant understand a bmw dealer having a car wash with floor rails, considering how many bmws come with low profile tires.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by turboawd
i just cant understand a bmw dealer having a car wash with floor rails, considering how many bmws come with low profile tires.
Some dealers have an "arrangement" with an area car wash. Whatever the case, it's nice to hear that they didn't try to squirm out of this - someone must have known the wheel was damaged while the car was in their custody.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 PM
Members

I brought my 2mo old 550i to the BMW dealership for check up (my BT module was out, locking the radio ). The car came out with 2 large scratches on the rear driver side. Not only that, they were touched up with matching paint. I was in a hurry and didn't see it at time of service. I called them up after 2 days when I convinced myself that there could not have been any other way this could've happened. They repainted the damaged fender for free.

I'll definitely consider them for my next purchase, but since then, every time I've had to go there I've made sure to tell them **NOT** to wash my car.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

Originally Posted by dragonfx
Brought my car in for service after the "check engine" light went on last Friday and was covered under the warranty. After getting the car back , I noticed that the driver's front wheel was all rashed up and the tire was slightly damaged! Seemed like they ran it through the wash and the rails rashed up the wheel , but in any case, I called the dealer and explained what happened. The service manager said to bring it in today (since it was a holiday weekend) to take a look at it.

Brought it in today for him to look at and the end result is that he said that they have to do right for me and will replace my wheel and tire , and also have it mounted and installed!

May be a catch 22 that the wheel was rashed , but really surprised me on how the dealer is stepping up to the plate. I guess I'll know for sure when it's all said and done!
Which dealer was this?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Tech Sport Package, Carbon Black, Black/Anthracite Bamboo

Same here. Noticed curb rash on my wheel a couple of days after my service. I figured unless I pointed it out immediately after, they would claim I did it. Going to tell them not to wash the car from now on.

Just don't understand why they don't wash by hand. Even Nissan didn't take it to the laser wash a block away.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by corey
Which dealer was this?
Open Road BMW in Edison,NJ
Old 06-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by caslca
I brought my 2mo old 550i to the BMW dealership for check up (my BT module was out, locking the radio ). The car came out with 2 large scratches on the rear driver side. Not only that, they were touched up with matching paint. I was in a hurry and didn't see it at time of service. I called them up after 2 days when I convinced myself that there could not have been any other way this could've happened. They repainted the damaged fender for free.

I'll definitely consider them for my next purchase, but since then, every time I've had to go there I've made sure to tell them **NOT** to wash my car.
Similar thing happened to my cousins M3, got fender scratches and they repainted the fender. Why send the car through the wash if they have to pay for the repair? Why not just hire a detailer to hand wash??? I don't get it?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Some dealers have an "arrangement" with an area car wash. Whatever the case, it's nice to hear that they didn't try to squirm out of this - someone must have known the wheel was damaged while the car was in their custody.
that's what I'm thinking...
Old 06-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

thats good James!! Thank god for an honest dealer!

I had a problem with my old 545i. The idiots at a local NJ dealership scratched my front lip and side skirts!! Then they said they will paint it but spot painted it. I had to go back and forth 3 times. EVerytime it came out like crap and it didnt match. Make sure they do a good job for you!

Quick Reply: Rashed Wheel after Dealer service