E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Radio keeps Muting

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My radio keeps on muting by itself. And when I push the mute button to turn the sound back on it doesnt do anything.. Im jsut wondering if anyone has had this problem before, and if they know how to fix it.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 12:07 PM
MDT
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Premium Package, Steptronic trans, xenon adaptive headlights, sat. prep, no navigation, bluetooth, ipod adapter

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='460509' date='Aug 20 2007, 11:33 AM
My radio keeps on muting by itself. And when I push the mute button to turn the sound back on it doesnt do anything.. Im jsut wondering if anyone has had this problem before, and if they know how to fix it.

Thanks
I have only had this problem occur when I have sat in my car for a long period of time listening to the radio without the engine running. After a certain amount of time, the radio mutes itself (basically turns off). If I hit the volume knob to unmute it, it does nothing for a while before it comes back on. This is probably just the system rebooting. When it comes back on, it goes off again within a few seconds. I don't know if the battery drain causes a low voltage situation that keeps the radio from coming back on, or if the timer won't restart unless the car is restarted. Maybe someone on this forum has a better understanding of exactly what is going on.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 523i, Steptronic, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Brown Wood Trim, Folding mirrors, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Sun Protection Glass, Park Distance Control, Sliding Armrest, Advanced Air-Con, Ipod, Electric Seats w memory, tires Dunlop sp1 225/55 R16.

This problem occur last month when I have drove my car for a long period of time ( 4 hours ) listening to the radio , there after each time i mute off the radio , after 2/3 min it turn on by itself !! i think it is software bugs . . . .
Old 08-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='460509' date='Aug 20 2007, 07:33 PM

Thanks
I get this too and there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to why it does it. The CD player also mutes and nothing you do will turn either back on.

As it doesn't happen that often I've never bothered asking the dealer about it as I guess it's a software bug which they're usually not too keen to investigate.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by weszaid' post='460509' date='Aug 20 2007, 01:33 PM

Thanks
I had the same problem. The dealer couldn't duplicate, but happened one day as I was driving by, so I stopped and once they couldn't unmute, they replaced the unit