E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Radio coming on mysteriously

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Hey all, last night was the first time that my radio came on out of nowhere. It was NOT the first time however that my car did not stop the telephone counter and "end" my conversation. With my RAZR and bluetooth, if I hang up, then the car is fine. If the person I'm talking to hangs up, I sometimes cannot get my call to end on the car's display. My RAZR shows it as over, but the car is still counting. The radio comes back on, everything works normally, but th call is not shown as ended.

In the past, what I've done is go to the main menu and continue to drive, then if I get home and its still counting, I'll turn the car off, turn ignition to auxilary, and then back off. When I hit the alarm, all is good and the screen goes blank. But, last night, I just got out because my daughter was waiting, and I didn't lock up anything. About 10 minutes later, my car started blasting. I went out to the car, and I had left my phone in the car, so the bluetooth connection may have left the car alive. I simply turned my phone off. It then showed the call as ended, and when I hit the alarm, the screen went off and everything was normal.

In the past, I've also been on a call, and made it home and turned the car off, and that can cause some wierd things to happen as well. Lessons learned...set your alarm, make sure your screen turns off, and take your phone with you. If it happens again, I'll let everyone know. I know others have had their radio come on at random. Don't know if this may be a cause for all, but this is the only problem I've had so far, and I think I had a hand to play in it and I've hopefully got it figured out.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Jul 21 2005, 10:13 AM
Hey all, last night was the first time that my radio came on out of nowhere.? It was NOT the first time however that my car did not stop the telephone counter and "end" my conversation.? With my RAZR and bluetooth, if I hang up, then the car is fine.? If the person I'm talking to hangs up, I sometimes cannot get my call to end on the car's display.? My RAZR shows it as over, but the car is still counting.? The radio comes back on, everything works normally, but th call is not shown as ended.

In the past, what I've done is go to the main menu and continue to drive, then if I get home and its still counting, I'll turn the car off, turn ignition to auxilary, and then back off.? When I hit the alarm, all is good and the screen goes blank.? But, last night, I just got out because my daughter was waiting, and I didn't lock up anything.? About 10 minutes later, my car started blasting.? I went out to the car, and I had left my phone in the car, so the bluetooth connection may have left the car alive.? I simply turned my phone off.? It then showed the call as ended, and when I hit the alarm, the screen went off and everything was normal.

In the past, I've also been on a call, and made it home and turned the car off, and that can cause some wierd things to happen as well.? Lessons learned...set your alarm, make sure your screen turns off, and take your phone with you.? If it happens again, I'll let everyone know.? I know others have had their radio come on at random.? Don't know if this may be a cause for all, but this is the only problem I've had so far, and I think I had a hand to play in it and I've hopefully got it figured out.
[snapback]151579[/snapback]
Happened to me a few times too. I just disconnect the Razr from the car charger and then turn off the phone to end the call. Then I turn the Razr back on and put it back to the charger. It is very annoying. I have this "feature" written down for the next dealer visit.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

I us a Razr too but have never had this happen. I usually end my calls by pressing the phone button on the steering wheel. You can also switch to an incoming call by doing this if you are on the line with someone else. You just can't switch back.