E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Questions to all those who have the ACM unit installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

1. How do you make the display use the entire screen? I have the wider Professional Navigation screen but when I connected up my camcorder the display used only the smaller screen area.
2. Midget mentioned that you can connect 4 cameras to the unit and the circuit diagram does show that 4 cameras can be connected. However in the Set-Up menu there are only options for Rear and Side View (front) cameras. Where do I enable the other two cameras? See http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=382251
3. What are the options for AuxLevel in the Set Up menu used for?
4. Is the FW displayed really the CIP/PROGMAN version. I'm beginning to think not because my unit shows CIP23 when I know I have atleast CIP25 because I have the new colour scheme.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

bump
Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='576125' date='May 7 2008, 03:18 PM
1. How do you make the display use the entire screen? I have the wider Professional Navigation screen but when I connected up my camcorder the display used only the smaller screen area.
=> Go to setup menu. Follow the initialization that you move the idrive knob to right once and left 3 times (?) and enter. Then choose "Auto" or something. I don't really remember.
It's on forum here, so please search

2. Midget mentioned that you can connect 4 cameras to the unit and the circuit diagram does show that 4 cameras can be connected. However in the Set-Up menu there are only options for Rear and Side View (front) cameras. Where do I enable the other two cameras? See http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=382251

One for front, one rear, one is DVD input and the other is BMW proprietary one.

3. What are the options for AuxLevel in the Set Up menu used for?
Don't remember

4. Is the FW displayed really the CIP/PROGMAN version. I'm beginning to think not because my unit shows CIP23 when I know I have atleast CIP25 because I have the new colour scheme.
No.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Contributors

Fred,

1. I've gone through the set-up but and used the Auto Position setting and that just made the switch flicker once and thats its. Note my ACM was always displaying its own menu in the Full Screen its just the DVD picture that is shown on the smaller screen with two black bars on either side of it. How do I get rid of those. Have not tried the camera input yet to see how that is displayed.

2. In terms of the 4 cameras, the ACM has two sockets one that connects to the DVD and the DVT the other that connects to the cameras. How if you see the camera plug it seems to have inputs for 4 cameras but the set-up only allows you to enable 2. Where are the other two enabled.

3. Where can I find instructions on the Set-Up because that does not seem to be documented either in the Instruction manual or the Installation instructions.

4. Thats what I thought. I think the firmware being displayed is the firmware stored on the ACM itself.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:23 AM
Contributors

The main problem I have I that my DVD displays on the screen with two black bands on either side of the screen. Note I have the wider Professional Navigation Screen.

The bands are similar to the ones you see in my530i post here http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=448069

However if you see bmw_wpq31 post here of his iPOD video connected to the ACM it uses the full screen. How do I make it do that?
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=561144
Old 05-09-2008, 04:27 AM
ObD
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='577112' date='May 9 2008, 08:23 AM
The main problem I have I that my DVD displays on the screen with two black bands on either side of the screen. Note I have the wider Professional Navigation Screen.

The bands are similar to the ones you see in my530i post here http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=448069

However if you see bmw_wpq31 post here of his iPOD video connected to the ACM it uses the full screen. How do I make it do that?
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=561144
Is the DVD player set to widescreen? Is the DVD a widescreen video?
Old 05-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Yes it is.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Can someone please help. Is there anyone who has an aftermarket or for that matter even the BMW OEM DVD player connected to the ACM and can use the entire screen of the Professional Navigation system, then please post some pictures here. Just need to see that its possible and then I'll try and see if BMW directly can help.

I've see the iPOD display full screen pictures but need to know if the TV or DVD can do the same.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Contributors

Just to keep you up to date.

So far not a single person has seen the ACM display a full screen on the TV or DVD options. The only time full screen appears to work is when the iPOD is connected to the ACM via the Dension and the IVE1000. This does seem like quite a space of screen real estate if this is the default ACM setting.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey bruce, dunno if this is much help, but try to PM Midget. He seems an expert about ACM.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=35863&st=0

GL

Quick Reply: Questions to all those who have the ACM unit installed