E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Question about aftermarket warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Does anyone here have experience with Protection Plus USA? Specifically bought through AA Auto Protection? Do they honor their end of the deal or do they deny most claims?

I'm thinking about getting the following: http://www.aaautowarranty.com/contra...re-premium.pdf

They have quoted $3100 for 4-year, 48K mile coverage with $100 deductible. It's a lot cheaper than $4900 quoted by the dealer for CNA National warranty (more comprehensive). The car has currently 73.5K mles and it's a 2006 model. This will carry me through 120K miles.

This warranty covers only the items listed in the contract, but I feel that it covers most of the wallet busting items and might be a good compromise.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

When I bought my last aftermarket warranty, it was through Mercury Insurance, three years zero deductible and treated just like a regular BMW warranty at the dealership! It cost about $3500, but it was MUCH less than the comparable warranty through BMW and without a deductible! Had I not had the car bought back by BMW as a lemon, it would still be in use today! I can give you my warranty guy's number if you are interested!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Members

I have mercury insurance on my car and when i went to the dealer no problems pretty smooth though i wish i had no deductible.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
When I bought my last aftermarket warranty, it was through Mercury Insurance, three years zero deductible and treated just like a regular BMW warranty at the dealership! It cost about $3500, but it was MUCH less than the comparable warranty through BMW and without a deductible! Had I not had the car bought back by BMW as a lemon, it would still be in use today! I can give you my warranty guy's number if you are interested!
Great info! Could you please pm me your warranty guy's number, thanks in advance!
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Thanks, flyingpuck. Could you please pm me your warranty guy's number? Thanks!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Members

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on an ASC warranty... bumper/bumper minus regular wear items and the radio/nav. Because I'm over 85k miles it also will exclude the front suspension. $0 deductible. $2000 for the warranty. I talked to my SA again this morning and am comfortable for the money to give it a shot.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

PM's sent!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Members

Thanks for the pm!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Members

Before I move too fast here I have another question. I shot the warranty peeps a note but am curious... do you have to perform any specific maintenance for the warranty to stay active? I'm pretty sure that I just read that they expect oil changed at every 3,000 miles/3 months. I don't change that frequently with fully synthetic oil. I hate to have to start changing oil twice as frequently just to keep an active warranty. Nevermind whatever other maintenance I'm supposed to perform. It actually says...

"We advise that you have your vehicle serviced based on the manufacturers recommendations and maintain documentation of the service performed. Proof of compliance containing the date of service, name of facility, mileage and vehicle identification number must be supplied upon request. We do advice that you must change the oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles whichever occurs first."
Old 07-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

+100000000000000 for Mercury. I have the Mercury Platinum which is the same as it cost about $3,500 and has $0 deductible and so far the only parts they haven't covered is a headlight bulb and the CD player.

I've taken my car in about 3 times for warranty work and never had a problem. The last bill was for $7,600 and I paid I believe $500 total. Not too shabby if you ask me...

Quick Reply: Question about aftermarket warranty