5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Push to Start/Stop Button (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/push-start-stop-button-2161/)

rodybmw 08-07-2004 12:16 PM

When BMW did not include the E65's "PUSH Start/Stop" button on the E60 and E63 I thought that they decided not to use that system in any other models. But after that the 1 series and now the new E90 3 series both have the start button. Anyone know why? The most expenisive and the least expensive BMW's, as well as models that came out before and will come out after the E60 and E63 all have this feature but not the 5 and 6 series.

After seing a few months ago that BMW is going back to using the start button on the 1 series (and now the 3 seires) I was hoping that they would incorporate it on MY 2005 E60's as well, but it is not in any of their announcements for MY 2005 changes on the E60, so I will probably still get a normal key on mine :angry:

Initialdl 08-07-2004 12:22 PM

i'm pretty sure you could just have it installed yourself... unless you're worried about the resale value of your vehicle, but if u really want.. i'd get it....

i think there are lots of parts dept and places online where ppl buy the pre-wired z8 ones.... at least there were on the E46 sites i frequent.....

530E60NL 08-07-2004 02:39 PM

I was wondering the same thing too.. I think the I-Drive change from the 7 to the 5 costed big money. They didn't have anymore money to change to 10 year old key on the E60 for something modern.

Come on.. We've bought 2 Renault Scenics for people that work for us. These car's have no more key but a chip that they have to put in a slot. Even the Tirepressure warning system is more advanced because those cars can tell what the exact pressure is for each tire in the onboard computer without having to calibrate or whatever, this system is way more advanced then we have.. I really love my new bought car, but it definately isn't lightyears ahead of the competition in its equipment or accesories.

Initialdl 08-07-2004 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Aug 7 2004, 04:39 PM
I was wondering the same thing too.. I think the I-Drive change from the 7 to the 5 costed big money. They didn't have anymore money to change to 10 year old key on the E60 for something modern.

Come on.. We've bought 2 Renault Scenics for people that work for us. These car's have no more key but a chip that they have to put in a slot. Even the Tirepressure warning system is more advanced because those cars can tell what the exact pressure is for each tire in the onboard computer without having to calibrate or whatever, this system is way more advanced then we have.. I really love my new bought car, but it definately isn't lightyears ahead of the competition in its equipment or accesories.

I know!!.. i'm still definately a Bimmerhead but I gotta admit.. when I went to check out my friend's new Infiniti FX their $3000-4000 Technology package which included (terms i made up cuz i dont know what they're really called) a Keyless go thingie (much like mercedes), active cruise control, Navigation, Reverse Camera, Rear Passenger DVD Player .. and i forget what else.. it simply blew me away........ all this is stock!!!!! :wow:

530E60NL 08-08-2004 12:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would never buy a Renault Scenic for my self I am to fond of the roundel on the nose of my car.