E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Push button won't start

Old 12-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to turn on my car this morning and it won't start when I turn on...so I then try to jump start it and still didn't turn on...so I then try to turn on with out jumping it and it finally work...When I was about to go to leave work it didn't turn on and it was raining hard....it has been raining for about 5 days straight...any I dea what's wrong with it??
Old 12-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

what exactly happens when you try to start? does the engine actually turn over? or nothing at all?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

It's probably pissed that it rained for 5 days on her..lol Good luck tho..
Old 12-23-2010, 08:14 AM
Members

It just won't start.it doesn't do nothing...it wont even get to the part to open the sunroof with out turning the engine on and it usually does...to do that you put the key in and just press the start button without stepping on brakes...also it just won't go on neutral..I am a platinum member at aaa and they cant even tow my car because its to luxury...smdh....what does that have to do with it...I'm all piss off about them...right now I'm at the point of getting rid of it...my car is still at the office...don't know what I can do..
Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

you try a different key fob?
thats strange.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tranm4
I tried to turn on my car this morning and it won't start when I turn on...so I then try to jump start it and still didn't turn on...so I then try to turn on with out jumping it and it finally work...When I was about to go to leave work it didn't turn on and it was raining hard....it has been raining for about 5 days straight...any I dea what's wrong with it??
You best check for water leaking into the area under the spare tire well. Sounds like you may have a collection of electrical problems and that is a known problem area with lots of electronics stuff.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
You best check for water leaking into the area under the spare tire well. Sounds like you may have a collection of electrical problems and that is a known problem area with lots of electronics stuff.

Wow you are right..im looking at the battery and there is a leak going inside.i had an accident in the rear and it looks like they put the vent going inside instead of going outside so the water is going in the battery...
Old 12-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

As stated earlier, check in the spare tire area as well for water. Depending on your model, the micro-processor might be there getting soaked.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by balbs
As stated earlier, check in the spare tire area as well for water. Depending on your model, the micro-processor might be there getting soaked.
If you see water in spare tire compartment in the truck 'DO NOT TRY TO START the car', you need to dry it first and make sure none of the electronics are fried..
Old 12-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Originally Posted by tranm4
Wow you are right..im looking at the battery and there is a leak going inside.i had an accident in the rear and it looks like they put the vent going inside instead of going outside so the water is going in the battery...
Water going into the battery? Holy hell.. That sounds dangerous.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Push button won't start