E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Project 550i – Dinan Stage 3 + 150hp Nitrous Shot!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 01:56 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 550i sport package. E92 335i sport package
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by blaze129
Are you referring to Limited Slip Differential? If so, I haven't done anything to the rear axle...

Yeah, I think I'm done with the car (finally). Thought about putting performance shocks on it, but haven't pulled the trigger on those...
Yeah LSD= Limited Slip Differential . Get that thing to a dyno, the suspense is killing me
Old 12-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like how simple and clean it looks. Nice work blaze129.

Last edited by west; 12-05-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Members

videos????

And, what is the cost of the setup? I have the intake and exhaust, but no software. How is the Dinan software compensating for the nitrous? Do I need it or if you could do it again would you forgo the software and run the OEM ecu?
Old 12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
New Members

I am more interested in where you got that ipad mount than anything else

So, where'd you get it?
Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 550i M-Sport

Originally Posted by ncsugrad2006
I am more interested in where you got that ipad mount than anything else

So, where'd you get it?
I found the iPad mount at a place called The Joy Factory. Here's a link:
iPad Mounts for iPad Air, gen 4/3/2, iPad Mini and Universal Tablet Mounts | The Joy Factory
Old 12-06-2013, 11:04 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by yusoslo
videos????

And, what is the cost of the setup? I have the intake and exhaust, but no software. How is the Dinan software compensating for the nitrous? Do I need it or if you could do it again would you forgo the software and run the OEM ecu?
No videos yet. Ill try and make one soon...

The cost of which setup? The nitrous? The hard costs for nitrous system was around $2k.

The Dinan software doesn't "directly" compensate for the nitrous, but the cars computer does. Because I have an iPad connected to my cars OBD II port, when I spray nitrous I can actually see the car adjust timing and fuel curves to compensate. The cars computer is always trying to optimize the AFR with or without nitrous which is really cool. I would recommend the Dinan software. Besides being optimized for the intake, it gives you better throttle response, faster shift points and removes the top speed governor.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Great write up and setup, very intriguing. LOL, I haven't posted here in a while, but I had to check this out. I am still having the internal debate as to whether I want/need the supercharger, so presenting alternatives is great.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:03 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Great write up and setup, very intriguing. LOL, I haven't posted here in a while, but I had to check this out. I am still having the internal debate as to whether I want/need the supercharger, so presenting alternatives is great.
Thanks for the positive feedback! I thought about getting an EES supercharger, but the price ($9k installed) seemed WAY too steep for this kind of car. At that price I may as well trade up and get an M5 I thought. I spent about $2k in parts for my nitrous system... However, since I was charting "new" territory, there was a TON of time planing, designing and installing the kit. Overall, I'm very happy with the results though.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:33 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by blaze129
I found the iPad mount at a place called The Joy Factory. Here's a link:
iPad Mounts for iPad Air, gen 4/3/2, iPad Mini and Universal Tablet Mounts | The Joy Factory
Cool. Found this one at walmart that looks similar, but may be a bit cheaper in person

Arkon 22" Locking Car Mount with Security Cable for iPad: iPad & eReaders : Walmart.com

Def. going to get one of these for mine and do the bluetooth/wifi adapter. How cool is that!
Old 12-07-2013, 06:40 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by ncsugrad2006
Cool. Found this one at walmart that looks similar, but may be a bit cheaper in person

Arkon 22" Locking Car Mount with Security Cable for iPad: iPad & eReaders : Walmart.com

Def. going to get one of these for mine and do the bluetooth/wifi adapter. How cool is that!
The Walmart could work, but for $50 more, the one I'm using from Joy Factory cosmetically looks better for two reasons. One, its made from Carbon Fiber and two, the way it "holds" the iPad is invisible from the front. The Walmart one has a clamping system that looks a little clunky imo. Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Project 550i – Dinan Stage 3 + 150hp Nitrous Shot!