5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Problem with passenger tensioner in seat (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/problem-passenger-tensioner-seat-148059/)

An Migyahiy 01-15-2018 12:32 PM

Problem with passenger tensioner in seat

I have replaced the seat belt tensioner resetted it but still the error message of air bag light stays on and warning on idrive stays to fasten my seat dispite the fault can anyone help me please ?

NoQuarter 01-16-2018 05:28 AM

How did you reset?

Did it clear when you reset it and it came back?

An Migyahiy 01-16-2018 06:54 AM

Hi
my friend he resetted it using his BMW program.it said the seat belt tensioner fault had gone but there was more codes F codes .how do I get rid of the airbag light and message on my Idrive saying fault with restraint system can one help me please ?

An Migyahiy 01-16-2018 06:57 AM

Yes the fault came back.first time after I replaced the faulty tensioner the error message was still there with the red airbag light.then I took it to someone else who tried to reset it but it went then came back after 10 seconds.

NoQuarter 01-16-2018 07:06 AM

I have never had to deal with it, but many people have had to replace or bypass the seat occupancy sensor. Maybe you also have that problem going on?

An Migyahiy 01-16-2018 07:22 AM

What do u mean? I already replaced seat belt tensioner what other part I need to replace ?

NoQuarter 01-16-2018 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by An Migyahiy (Post 1593335)
What do u mean? I already replaced seat belt tensioner what other part I need to replace ?

What do you mean "what do I mean"?

Seat occupancy and seat belt tensioner can't be confused. :huh:

An Migyahiy 01-16-2018 07:39 AM

So you saying to replace seat mat sensor ?? And then reprogramme i t ?

NoQuarter 01-16-2018 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by An Migyahiy (Post 1593337)
So you saying to replace seat mat sensor ?? And then reprogramme i t ?

What I am suggesting is you research it and troubleshoot it.

You asked why the light keeps coming back on I and I am simply suggesting it may not be related to the tensioner.

A code reader should be pretty specific on why the light is on. You have only mentioned the light is on but you have stated what the codes say.

seanjordan20 01-17-2018 11:01 AM

The dreaded tensioner error. OP there could be many reasons why the fault is coming up. You should first start with the battery, making sure it is good. Then check the seat mat and tensioner connections. After that I would check the BST cable to make sure it has not gone bad. Then start with PRT replacement. NoQuarter is correct your codes should give you a general idea on where the issue lies. If you have not researched this issue I suggest you do before you do before you spend money you do not need to. I had this issue before and followed my troubleshooting steps. I didn't get past checking the battery. After charging the battery I reset the SRS and that was that. If your codes are telling you low voltage then your issue is at the battery or BST cable.