E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Problem with buyer. Need advice. Long story. Lots of reading

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i 19" MRR GT1 Interior LED retrofit

So, have you already signed the title over to him? If so....deal done and the buyer assumes all responsibility once he (or his dealer) took the keys and drove off. Same as a sale at any dealer who sells a car "AS IS". Sucks for him that he didn't inspect it prior to taking delivery.

I bought a 76 Camaro a few years back. Seller promised no issues....just a little rust that can be easily fixed. On the 190 mile drive home I noticed the smell of fuel, did some investigating when I got home and noticed that the trunk panel and rear seat panel were rusted thru and needed relaced. Unfortunately on that car, that meant it had to be completely back halfed. I know the seller knew what was up B/C he had 3 more mint condition Camaro's in the garage and when I contacted hime he said "I told you it had some rust that was easily fixable....I could backhalf that car in a weekend, you should have inspected it before you drove off". In the end, I agreed that it was my fault and should have inspected it.....ended up eating the bill to back half it with a 4-link.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Thanks Xman and everyone else for your advise.

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Damn... What a HEADACHE. I sure as hell hope the offset amount you received for your M5 is worth all this. 13k after all that nonsense is ridiculous. I woulda bought that shit for 13k. LOL
After paying my friend the $5000 back. I was pretty much left with 8000 for my next car.
Originally Posted by pjinca
Basically the facts are: You went waaaaaaay above and beyond for this fool, doing all those things to make sure he was happy was a very good gesture (remind me to buy a car from you next time, LOL). He took possession of the car in a private sale with no explicit or implied warranties, which is normal in private sales. Essentially he's screwed, you have all the paperwork to prove the condition of the car prior to sale. How do you know his friend didn't damage the car? Or that the car was damaged when seized by Customs for HIM not following the laws?
Yea, I'll keep you in mind next time.

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
WOW GUYS THIS SUCKS I HOPE IT ALL GET WORKED OUT AND YES VHKONG IS RIGHT AFTER A DEAL IS DONE NOTHING CAN BE DONE NO WARRANTY NOTHING I BOUGHT MY E55 AND THE GUY SAID EVERYTHING WAS DONE PAPERWORK EVERYTHING THEN MY FUEL PUMP BLOWS AND THE CAR WOULDNT START SO I ASK HIM AND THERE NOTHING I CAN DO TO ASK HIM BECAUSE HES NOT A DEALER THATS THE RISK OF PRIVATE SALE,(SORRY FOR CAPS IM AT WORK)
Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
that's crazy. Many others would've ignored him by now but u provide your duties.

Originally Posted by HiOffcr
So, have you already signed the title over to him? If so....deal done and the buyer assumes all responsibility once he (or his dealer) took the keys and drove off. Same as a sale at any dealer who sells a car "AS IS". Sucks for him that he didn't inspect it prior to taking delivery.

I bought a 76 Camaro a few years back. Seller promised no issues....just a little rust that can be easily fixed. On the 190 mile drive home I noticed the smell of fuel, did some investigating when I got home and noticed that the trunk panel and rear seat panel were rusted thru and needed relaced. Unfortunately on that car, that meant it had to be completely back halfed. I know the seller knew what was up B/C he had 3 more mint condition Camaro's in the garage and when I contacted hime he said "I told you it had some rust that was easily fixable....I could backhalf that car in a weekend, you should have inspected it before you drove off". In the end, I agreed that it was my fault and should have inspected it.....ended up eating the bill to back half it with a 4-link.
I did the same with my 1963 Impala SS back when I was 18. I got it back to my house and the whole floor pan of the driver side by the pedals was rotted through.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Thanks Xman and everyone else for your advise.

After paying my friend the $5000 back. I was pretty much left with 8000 for my next car.

Yea, I'll keep you in mind next time.

I did the same with my 1963 Impala SS back when I was 18. I got it back to my house and the whole floor pan of the driver side by the pedals was rotted through.

What color was your '63? Any pics?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
What color was your '63? Any pics?
PPG Blue from a Subaru WRX.

Problem with buyer.  Need advice.  Long story. Lots of reading-picture-254.jpg
Problem with buyer.  Need advice.  Long story. Lots of reading-picture-236.jpg

When I first got it.
Problem with buyer.  Need advice.  Long story. Lots of reading-impala-before-.jpg
Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528 XI 6000k HiD Lows coming soon - black roundels - smoked led turn signals - tint - 6000k fogs - hid angel eyes - hid reverse light - led interior lights

wow your a nice person. i would of told him to go scratch his balls after all his criteria was met. i hope everything works out and this guy disappears from you and the headaches go away. people can be such A$$'s.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Members

get the car back keep a few hundred for added miles and headaches and sell it to me for 14k
Old 03-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
PPG Blue from a Subaru WRX.

Attachment 118907
Attachment 118906

When I first got it.
Attachment 118908
Nice restoration! Goooood choice of blue, with the wheels and the white top, looks so clean.
Would you take a sip of the potion and hit the three wheel motion? lol
Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525i M Sport Carbon Black Cream Leather Interior

As we would say here in Ireland, "tell him to go and shite", how can he open a Paypal dispute if he didn't pay through Paypal. Stop answering his calls and texts....what more could you have done for him before he bought the car? If you think about it....what can he do?....nothing....he bought a car, which the previous owner agreed to fix all the documented problems with. There was no issues with the car when the money changed hands. You acted in good faith, I doubt there are many sellers who would agree to undertake all that work and no deposit. Best of luck with the M5...I'd love one.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

If he paid via paypal or ANY other electronic service, I say DO NOT spend that cash until this matter is resolved. Most of these services give the BUYER the benefit of doubt. I would be a tragedy if you spent the money and then there was a finding in the buyers favor and then you're on the hook for that amount of money. So stash the cash and wait it out. If he paid by cash or check (a check that fully cleared), it's time to hit the ignore button and move on.

Maybe the steering column or whatever else was ready to go and just didn't go on your watch. That's how it is. A few more miles and it would have went on you. Consider yourself lucky you dumped it in time.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

Dk....
Tell him to go play in traffic
what more does this guy want ???
you sold him them car dirt cheap
fixed all the lil problems
went more then out of your way to make the sale go smoothly
dont stress yourself out
Fu*K Him

Quick Reply: Problem with buyer. Need advice. Long story. Lots of reading