E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Problem with buyer. Need advice. Long story. Lots of reading

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60

Oh my god. I would tell that guy to get the fuck out of my life and hang up the phone. In private sales there no quaranties.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Originally Posted by dR.jonezz
Oh my god. I would tell that guy to get the fuck out of my life and hang up the phone. In private sales there no quaranties.
exactly, you did more than enough for this guy, he has no ground to stand on for the case...
Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Premium Package

I can't help think of his side of the story too. He probably thinks he got screwed big time. Sucks for both you
Old 03-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Thanks everyone. I just re-read his text. He said that his BMW said "Probably the steering rack needs to be replaced." So it looks like a assumption. I told him to email me the service report stating the steering rack needs replacing. Neither Geico or my BMW said anything about the steering rack. Looks like he's trying to get money out of me. I told him yesterday to open a dispute, contact eBay, my SA at BMW or file a complaint anywhere he pleases. I got documents and receipts. My guess is he's trying to get some money to offset the fines and fees when the car got seized. Don't think there can be a dispute with Paypal. We didn't even go through Paypal. He didn't even leave a deposit with Paypal. So for this whole process, I didn't even get a deposit from him prior to selling the car.

When he called the first time. I heard his kids in the background. I told him my exhaust was loud and offered to swap the exhaust for a quieter one. I was nice enough to spend $200-300 to swap the muffler. That's after I agreed to take $1k off the listing.

If you didn't use Paypal, then there is no recourse on the buyer's part. The most he can do is to give a negative feedback on your eBay account. You can have that removed once you prove your case as a good faith seller. Go get your M5 and enjoy the ride!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spinitch
I can't help think of his side of the story too. He probably thinks he got screwed big time. Sucks for both you
I kinda understand he's upset. But he is claiming I'm playing dumb and knew the problem didn't get fixed. With the time frame and schedule to paint the car, I had no time to test drive it. I have work weekdays and leaving for Montreal at the end of the week. I had to drop it off so he can arrange a truck to pick it up. He's saying he knows I got it fixed at BMW. But the problem is still there. He wants me to pay again. Not my fault that BMW didn't fix it. Now he wants me to pay to get it fixed after I paid BMW. He's also assuming with his friend at BMW that its the steering rack needs to be replaced. If it is the steering rack, wouldn't that affect the alignment? Both Geico and BMW checked and doesn't show anything needs replacing. I told him to email me the service report.

I answer all his calls, respond to his texts. Then out of the blue, he says he wants to open a dispute. Either pay or give him his $16k back and pick up the car.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spinitch
Not only that. He text me that the dealer/friend driving it up stated that the error came on. I told him he drove halfway to Toronto and tells me this now. I text him back. If you don't think you got a good deal for my car, turn back now. He declined and said he'll see when he gets the car. I gave him a chance.

I got all his text on my phone and a voicemail.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

that's crazy. Many others would've ignored him by now but u provide your duties.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Damn... What a HEADACHE. I sure as hell hope the offset amount you received for your M5 is worth all this. 13k after all that nonsense is ridiculous. I woulda bought that shit for 13k. LOL

You have waaaay more patience than me.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

I would feel for him. Except it sounds sounds like he is showing absolutely no respect for you, the seller. The last thing I would do is pressure the person I am buying my car from. Buyer's always think just because they're paying for a car, they are the boss. It's not like he's doing you a favor, you ARE giving him your car in exchange. If he can't reciprocate the consideration and kindness you showed him, well, there's only two words that come to mind.....

F*** HIM
Old 03-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
I would feel for him. Except it sounds sounds like he is showing absolutely no respect for you, the seller. The last thing I would do is pressure the person I am buying my car from. Buyer's always think just because they're paying for a car, they are the boss. It's not like he's doing you a favor, you ARE giving him your car in exchange. If he can't reciprocate the consideration and kindness you showed him, well, there's only two words that come to mind.....

F*** HIM

+1 PHUCK HIM!

Quick Reply: Problem with buyer. Need advice. Long story. Lots of reading