E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pro Nav System

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone post a picture of the ProNav system with the latest CIP version installed. My dealer told me when it went in that the latest software is on it but i seem to lack these 'easy to use' icons down the side.

Can someone show me what its meant to look like so i can compare and make sure i havnt just been fobbed off.

Ta very much :-)
Old 06-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Do you have "perspective" map view? If not, then you're nowhere near latest...
Old 06-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

yes it rotates the map based on which direction im heading. i take it thats what you mean by perspective? so 'up' is always infront of me even if im heading south

if that makes sense
Old 06-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

No. Perspective is a 3D effect view - others have posted pics of it on the forum. It's a 3rd type of view in addition to North and direction of travel (that you've described).
Old 06-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

it would seem i have been 'fobbed off'. I told thme i had an issue with TMC not redirecting and would like the software upgraded. They told me it was 'the latest version'

But it clearly isnt....

I shall give them a ring tomorrow....
Old 06-11-2005, 02:29 PM
abs
Members

i have the same issue of nav not redirecting me. would like to know if ur problem has been sorted
Old 06-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Senior Members

It has rerouted me once when there was a huge amount of traffic but hasnt done a huge amount since then.

Idrive ive found is rather slow booting up and getting to someo f the menus takes awhile. Presumably a CIP upgrade speeds all this up...
Old 06-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JayJay' date='Jun 11 2005, 11:46 PM
Can someone post a picture of the ProNav system with the latest CIP version installed. My dealer told me when it went in that the latest software is on it but i seem to lack these 'easy to use' icons down the side.

Can someone show me what its meant to look like so i can compare and make sure i havnt just been fobbed off.

[snapback]138596[/snapback]
You definately didn't get the latest. Maybe they don't have a newer one, but there are several out there allready.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JayJay' date='Jun 11 2005, 05:46 PM

[snapback]138596[/snapback]
Here's a shot of the perspective (3D) view:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...cmd=si&img=2080

The view was selected in both the left and right panes -- don't let that throw you off...
Old 06-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Senior Members

cheers guys ill see what I can get them to do. The fact that they told me it WAS the latest and now knowing that it clearly wasnt will mean I will not be paying diddly squat for them to install it.

Hurray for customer service standards.

Quick Reply: Pro Nav System