E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Pre-LCI Foglight Assembly Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530xi
Default Pre-LCI Foglight Assembly Replacement

Can anyone please post the fog light replacement instructions for pre-LCI? Not the fog light bulbs, but the entire fog light assemblies.

I searched the forums for instructions, but the threads are always talking about how to replace the bulbs themselves, not the assembly.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i - GONE

This is how I changed mine out for Projector Foglights + HIDs

1. Remove under-engine panel

2. Turn wheel inward on the side you're working on (if you dont want to jack-up the car)

3. Remove the 8mm bolts plus the (1) 10mm holding the wheel fender in

4. Pull-back wheel fender to expose foglight (driver side you'll see the water tank, passenger side will be the secondary air pump, and horn)

5. Remove the lower plastic panel that sits right underneath the foglight area (this is held in with the brake air duct and under-engine panel)

6. Remove the black foglight cover on the front bumper (this piece snaps in, so pull from the side), not necessary but gives better visibility.

-- There's very small space to work with if you're on the driver side, you'll see that the air duct for the brake rides up against the foglight and the windshield water reservoir. The air duct can be removed, but it takes time. And, the brake air duct has two pieces, one connected to the bumper, and one that sits on top that feeds back to the wheel. There's a 8mm bolt that holds the outer piece in place, and the part that connects to the bumper needs to be wiggled out. These do NOT need to be removed, but if you have big hands, it may be necessary --

7. Disconnect the wiring to the foglight bulb, grey notch that you have to depress and pull-away

8. There are (2) T50 screws that hold in the foglight housing. Double-check on the T50, I can't remember if it's a T45 or T50

9. Remove the (2) Torx screws, and wiggle the foglight housing outward towards you, there's a plastic latch that secures the foglight housing to the front bumper

10. Reassemble in reverse order