E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Possible Oil leak Location...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 09:19 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Stock 2004 545I Sport
Default Possible Oil leak Location...

Hello all... 2004 545I

I seem to have a small oil leak coming from the a/c compressor area of the motor. I know its not the compressor itself because this has been going on since I bought the car three years ago and the freon pressure etc hasn't changed a bit and still operates as it should.

I recently replaced both vacuum pump O-rings and all the vanos solenoid O-rings.... what else could it be? Am I missing something else in this passenger side of the motor that could leak oil onto the a/c compressor?

Last edited by Loose-c-Cannon; 12-06-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:35 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i

Upper or Lower Timing case gaskets, even valve covers if they leak enough can make it down there. A bunch of things really. Easiest way to know to look for the leak thats the highest. I'd think its most probably the upper timing case gasket, Though there is an oil pressure switch there that is known to leak too. Right under the vacuum pump.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:51 AM
New Members

My Ride: Stock 2004 545I Sport

I knew I should have replaced that blasted oil switch while I was in there! Forgot all about that dude under the pump... Thats pretty well exactly the area its coming from. Slow leak right down the face of the upper cover.