E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is it possible to fall in love with your e60 overagain?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been driving the CSL whilst the 535d was in the garage during most of December and early January, getting its manifold replaced (for the 2nd time! am i driving it too hard? ).

Whilst the CSL is great, getting back into the 535d just made me fall in love with it over again - I love this car!

For 2008 season I plan to strip all the weight out and leave it at the Nurburgring as my wet weather weapon of choice - nothing will get past it
Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

heck yes it is possible to fall in love with it all over again. great story. since my e60 is my daily drive, i guess i just keep loving it everyday. and when i drive another car even just for a couple hours or a day, i already miss it
Old 01-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

One gets bored with whatever...

Cars, bikes, ladies etc.

A change will always do good
Old 01-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='376542' date='Jan 11 2007, 02:12 AM
One gets bored with whatever...

Cars, bikes, ladies etc.
A change will always do good
I agree! Although i sometimes find the moments when the car really delivers, too put it the other way, really hits the spot and put a big stupid grin in my face
Today i learned that my diesel emmy really showed me that it got bored to be drove softly (for 2 weeks or so) cuz around 2 weeks ago i really gave it the bees in a race, untill i reached brake fade and when standing still at traffic lights thick smoke was coming from the brakes. And now DSC is going crazy, there are moments when it's like it's on regardless of the speed, gear etc. Torque monster son of a... The beast doesn't want to be tamed.

But in the end when you do tame it it's like you want more or smth different. The same with chicks. No matter how good the chick is, remember, there will always be a guy that's fed up with her
Old 01-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I love it more and more every day I see it and drive it.
there is not other car on the road right now that I like that beat my e60 for looks and handling.
no audi, no MB well nothing
keeping a car at the Nurburgring.
that is 1 thing I love to do in my life.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

i always lovedmy car....but the flame rekindled even stronger when i purchased new shoes for her... i guess (stillettoes)sp?... neow she is even sexier...and when i do the upgrades( plastic surgery) to the rear, and front bumpers...ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!!ERICD
Old 01-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i SGM Steptronic Dinan CAI Dinan TB GTech Pro RR

I agree. I read a very interesting interview with Chris Bangle who was explaining his design philosophy which I think applies here. He said that he thinks of new car design like listening to a new record album (I know, dated....). The first time a person listens to a new album, they don't immediately relate to it. However, over time, people connect to many of the songs and the album as a whole is appreciated more and more over the course of time....much like my ownership experience with the E60. It just keeps evolving.

I live in the Detroit area and have spent nearly 20 years working in the auto industry. I can get discounts on any of the 'Big 3' vehicles (just bought a Tahoe for my wife) and yet I'm continually drawn to BMW's for my personal drive. I considered buying a Chrysler 300C SRT (a great car BTW) but knew based on past experience that it would become a 'dull' ownership experience after awhile (absolutely no offense intended to anyone who buys Big 3, it's my bread and butter). My BMW appreciation keeps evolving and the panache of the E60 keeps grabbing me in new ways, much like you're pointing out.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

I?m really looking forward to " fall in love again " with my M5 in the spring ( after the winter sleep )
Old 01-13-2007, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

hey Steve, good to hear from you again
so what will replace the 535d in Scotland if it will be stripped down and ready at the Ring at 2008...?
hope to see you in just a few months again at the Ring
guess what we talk about with Tim
Old 01-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E61 525 xiA.

This car makes the life taste a little bit better. BMW as a car manufacturer has got the magic ability to do this.

Hartsa

Quick Reply: Is it possible to fall in love with your e60 overagain?