E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

"posers"

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I originally posted this question in this topic but got no replys: LINK!!!!! Im just wondering what you guys think...

I have a question for some of the people making negative statements in this post.. Do you think it is ok to put lets say a Hamann badge on a 5er if all the owner has is a Hamann body kit and no engine mods ect. or vice versa ?

It seems alot of people are not as opinionated with "badgeing" aftermarket companies such as Hamann, ACS, Alpina, and Dinnon..

M-technik is also an aftermarket company just like AMG for MB and Hamann, ACS, Brabus the list goes on and on. But I see plenty of cars "badged" with Brabus, Hamann, or RDSport when its not a full Hamann car and no one complains about it?

So why is it that people care SO much if somone puts an M badge on their car if they have a full M body kit?

all that aside I don't really care for "badgeing" myself I just want to know what you guys think... ???
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

It took me ten minutes to read this... gee I wonder why ? Anyway from MHPOV I have a 550 Msport which was delivered with M logos on the steering wheel , 4 doorsills and left floor pedal. While it does share some M components it is NOT an M5. As such I didnt put am M license plate holder or any other M stuff on it and certainly not an M5 badge, the guys in the know... know ,so who am I'm going to do this badging for ? Me ? No way!It is what it is and Im proud of what I drive . Posing is...... a personal thing , but like I said earlier those who know .. know. So be happy and proud of what you've got because they are all great cars.

Cheers
Old 08-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

"Boat Trip", Oh, you bad... I can't think. What was the question?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Silver 545i - Steptronic, OEM BMW-Aero Kit, Remus Sport Exhaust System, Black Dakota Leather, Sport/Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear Sun Shades, Front and Rear Park Distance Control, Voice Command, Logic 7 Premium Sound, Active Steering, Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Shadowline Trim.

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='456727' date='Aug 8 2007, 02:46 PM
I originally posted this question in the topic but got no replys: LINK!!!!! Im just wondering what you guys think...

I have a question for some of the people making negative statements on this post.. Do you think it is ok to put lets say a Hamann badge on a 5er if all the owner has is a Hamann body kit and no engine mods ect. or vice versa ?

It seems alot of people are not as opinionated with "badgeing" aftermarket companies such as Hamann, ACS, Alpina, Dinnon..
M-technik is also an aftermarket company just like AMG for MB and Hamann, ACS, Brabus the list goes on and on. But I see plenty of cars "badged" with Brabus, Hamann, or RDSport and no one complains about it?

So why is it that people care SO much if somone puts an M badge on their car if they have a full M body kit?

all that aside I don't really care for "badgeing" myself I just want to know what you guys think... ???
I think you are misinterpreting what the "M" badge stands for. BMW reserves this badge for performance tuned automobiles produced by their Motorsport division. The "M" badge was not meant to designate a specific item such as a rear deck spoiler or a body kit. Putting an "M" badge on a non-motorsport produced vehicle is like putting a Gucci label on a cheap replica.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='456736' date='Aug 8 2007, 03:01 PM
"Boat Trip", Oh, you bad... I can't think. What was the question?
lol stop looking at my sig thats not what its there for
Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Chase, I did not read your post at all, just stared at your sig.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Members

My Ride: Sept '06 535d M sport ,Silver ,Black Dakota Leather,HUD ,TV, Media ,Visibility,Heated F+R seats,Comfort Seats, Active seats ,Sun protection glass,Dark Poplar wood, sunroof ,Elec Sunblinds , Folding mirrors, 19" 172s ,Extended lights Package, Debadged

Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='456727' date='Aug 8 2007, 10:46 PM
I originally posted this question in the topic but got no replys: LINK!!!!! Im just wondering what you guys think...

I have a question for some of the people making negative statements on this post.. Do you think it is ok to put lets say a Hamann badge on a 5er if all the owner has is a Hamann body kit and no engine mods ect. or vice versa ?

It seems alot of people are not as opinionated with "badgeing" aftermarket companies such as Hamann, ACS, Alpina, Dinnon..
M-technik is also an aftermarket company just like AMG for MB and Hamann, ACS, Brabus the list goes on and on. But I see plenty of cars "badged" with Brabus, Hamann, or RDSport and no one complains about it?

It's only the enthusiasts like people here on this this forum who are going to get upset about this sort of thing. I don't personally don't give a monkeys.

If someone badges a car M5 when it isn't one,it just seems a bit sad really. I wouldn't get annoyed or give them grief over it. If it makes them happy ,then good luck to them.

( NB some forum member I remember was boasting about humiliating a fake M5 driver. I couldn't decide what was more pathetic- pretending to have an M5 or being obnoxious enough to insult someone about it).

I think people get more upset with M5 "fakes" than Hamann and the like , because the M5 is built like that from the factory. Anyone can take a base e60 to Hamann or ACS and get them aftermarketed and put as little mods or as much on as they like.

When you see a M5 look-a-like it just looks more "wrong" because there will always be a real "standard" M5 that these cars will never really look like. But do a Hamann conversion and you can pick and choose from a selection of wheels, bodykits,interior parts etc etc so there is no "right" or "wrong" hamann conversion.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hollywoodtrash' post='456744' date='Aug 8 2007, 03:13 PM
Ya I kinda just added the gif for kicks this post was part serious, part seeing peoples reactions
Old 08-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ressla' post='456745' date='Aug 8 2007, 03:15 PM
It's only the enthusiasts like people here on this this forum who are going to get upset about this sort of thing. I don't personally don't give a monkeys.

If someone badges a car M5 when it isn't one,it just seems a bit sad really. I wouldn't get annoyed or give them grief over it. If it makes them happy ,then good luck to them.

( NB some forum member I remember was boasting about humiliating a fake M5 driver. I couldn't decide what was more pathetic- pretending to have an M5 or being obnoxious enough to insult someone about it).

I think people get more upset with M5 "fakes" than Hamann and the like , because the M5 is built like that from the factory. Anyone can take a base e60 to Hamann or ACS and get them aftermarketed and put as little mods or as much on as they like.

When you see a M5 look-a-like it just looks more "wrong" because there will always be a real "standard" M5 that these cars will never really look like. But do a Hamann conversion and you can pick and choose from a selection of wheels, bodykits,interior parts etc etc so there is no "right" or "wrong" hamann conversion.
That was a great response thanks ressla!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='456735
Originally Posted by sideeffects' post='456746' date='Aug 8 2007, 05:15 PM
Ya I kinda just added the gif for kicks this post was part serious, part seeing peoples reactions

What question?

Lou