E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Poplar wood is no longer available

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I just got an email from my dealer.

They said:

"Your production # xxxxxx. One change. Poplar wood not available on '05 545i. Your choices are the std. satin chrome or anthracite maple wood. Please advise. Thanks. "

Is this true?

I am getting SMG with sport package.

I really wanted the poplar.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Wow...that would be a bummer.
According to MY05 specifications, it did not mention anywhere the deletion of this
trim...who can confirm...?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i/6sp SilverGray/Beige

I read on bimmerfest that the poplar trim is now standard in all 5er variants, at least here in the US. It might be that the CA was reading the ordering guide wrong; wouldn't be the first time that BMWNA released a confusing ordering guide. Several CA's were confused about the 6speed 545's and the sport package being a mandatory option.

The ordering guides for the USA are available for viewing on bimmerfest.com/forums in the "Ask a dealer" forum. If you read them, you will notice that poplar isn't mentioned on any of the 5er variants, indicating that it is probably now standard across the model range, with the matte chrome and anthracite maple being optional.

-MrB
Old 08-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

:'(

I just talked to my SA and he said that BMWNA bounced my order back because its not taking Poplar as an option anymore.

I really wanted the poplar. :'(
Old 08-19-2004, 01:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Aug 19 2004, 02:59 PM

I just talked to my SA and he said that BMWNA bounced my order back because its not taking Poplar as an option anymore.

but if its standard.. doesnt that mean u just dont choose anything..and it will just be poplar????
Old 08-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Satin chrome is where it's at, consider yourself lucky. Well lucky unless it's like a plastic type of metal like I've read in another thread.

The poplar is nice and all, but I just wish that lighter shades of wood were available.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Aug 19 2004, 02:59 PM

I can't believe they are no longer offering Poplar - haven't heard this anywhere else. I'd ask elsewhere.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

I hope InitialD is right and this whole thing was just my SA's imagination. I just asked him to resubmit the order without specifying any trim code.

I just don't want any surprises when I pick up my car in November. Therefore, can some one ask his/her dealer regarding this?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Aug 19 2004, 03:23 PM
I hope InitialD is right and this whole thing was just my SA's imagination. I just asked him to resubmit the order without specifying any trim code.

I just don't want any surprises when I pick up my car in November. Therefore, can some one ask his/her dealer regarding this?

Thanks
u're in LA... which dealer u from? u have lots of choices to call,

New Century BMW , assel :thumbsdown: , sterling , long beach , crevier <_< , irvine ...................

FYI.. poplar is still on BMW USA website.... i'd be skeptical if they say u cant have it...
Old 08-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Senior Members

I ordered mine from New Century.

I really didn't care about Assale eventhough they are closer.

I really am thinking that this is a hoax. Hopefully.

Quick Reply: Poplar wood is no longer available