E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Police woke me up at 04:30

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Check your door lock for tampering. You probably never use it and would otherwise not look at it closely. I read previously that thieves can open up the windows and sun roof with a screwdriver hammerd into the lock and then turning it like a key. They can't steal the car, but do take anything of value they find within.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Contributors

This happened one day while I actually washing the car. I was like WTF! Then I took my keys out my pocket, and it stopped. I really wish BMW had incorprated the ability to turn this, and the trunk auto open off on the i-Drive. Glad nothing happened to yor car.

I think the cop's just wanted doughnut!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:31 AM
Members

In my E39, I'll find some of the windows and/or sunroof partially rolled down occasionally. It is actually quite easy to do with the key in your pocket!
Old 03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Members

My Ride: OLD RIDE- 2004 Titanium Silver Metallic 545I, Sports Package, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats. NEW RIDE- 2005 Silver Gray Metallic 545I, Sports package, 6 Speed manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats and Park Distance Control.

This happened to me 4 times, in my own garage, while car was parked in front of my house, in a mall parking lot and the last time in the dealership whose service rep was insisting that there is nothing wrong with my car! I ended up using the "exchange program" and got a new car but at the time they blamed it on a faulty relay. But rest assured that its not you, or the buttons on the key and the rest of the lame bull crap they will try to feed you. Just remind them that if something happens to your car, if it is vandalized, stolen etc., you are holding them responsible.
Good luck.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

This has happened to me once about 1 year ago. I also came off an aiplane and walked out to the parking garage and when I unlocked my car doors the radio came on real loud. My wife stated that it was my car and I didn't beleive her until we got closer. Neither of these have happened to me after reporting these probs and getting software updates. My car productions was 4/04. I also remember that tere were other people that posted this problem about 8-10 months ago.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her
Question

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Mar 31 2005, 03:40 PM
This has happened to me once about 1 year ago. I also came off an aiplane and walked out to the parking garage and when I unlocked my car doors the radio came on real loud. My wife stated that it was my car and I didn't beleive her until we got closer. Neither of these have happened to me after reporting these probs and getting software updates. My car productions was 4/04. I also remember that tere were other people that posted this problem about 8-10 months ago.
[snapback]109423[/snapback]
I have experienced this problem on more than one occasion. Including the idrive resets, radio NOT turning off, etc.

THey are replacing my car as of yesterday. It has been to the dealer 3 times and I have only had it 2 months.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Titanium Gray 545i auto, navigation, premium sound/Logic7, cold weather, adaptive Xenon, Lumbar support, split rear seat, PDC.

Originally Posted by MALEKMAN' date='Mar 31 2005, 02:56 PM
This happened to me 4 times, in my own garage, while car was parked in front of my house, in a mall parking lot and the last time in the dealership whose service rep was insisting that there is nothing wrong with my car! I ended up using the "exchange program" and got a new car but at the time they blamed it on a faulty relay. But rest assured that its not you, or the buttons on the key and the rest of the lame bull crap they will try to feed you. Just remind them that if something happens to your car, if it is vandalized, stolen etc., you are holding them responsible.
Good luck.
[snapback]109361[/snapback]
My trunk opened "by itself" twice. I blamed myself for sitting on the key in my back pocket. Now it is attached to my belt and it hasn't happened since but I'll mention it to the service deparment to check the relays!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Members

They missed an opportunity to charge you with wasting Police time !!!

(ho ho only kidding)

Seriously though... this is another one of those "I thought i was going mad moments".. i have returned to my car to find the boot, (trunk), open .. and i never carry my keys in my trouser pocket.. at the time i put it down to personal stupidity.. maybe not...

Also have had radio unable to re-tune or turn off and on another occasion i-drive screen frozen in comms menu.. had to apply the BM version of the old Atl-Ctrl-Del Microsoft car reboot technique.. power off power on to clear those down !

David
Old 03-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 750Li M sport

Originally Posted by ?gent99' date='Mar 31 2005, 12:31 PM
In my E39, I'll find some of the windows and/or sunroof partially rolled down occasionally.? It is actually quite easy to do with the key in your pocket!
[snapback]109349[/snapback]
Same here. Happens with the trunk and alarm too. Especially if you lean against a counter top or something.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

I think when the window open by pressing the truck button, if you didn't unlock the door, the car's alarm will retain active, that mean the motion sensor still ON. try to put your hand through the window and the alarm will start making the noice. This function is very nice on summer when you want to open your window before getting your car, but not very useful anymore on the new BMW Because you can program the AC To turn on automatically.

Quick Reply: Police woke me up at 04:30