E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Please Note Pre LCI to LCI Retrofitters

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dav530d
I've done exactly the same to mine. I just live with it. Try not to leave the high beam on too long

tell me about it lol did u do that even after the LCM upgrade and coding????

heres a bigger picture

Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by B6S4
What swap did you do originaly? Pre-LCI Halogen->LCI Halogen? Pre-LCI xenon->LCI Xenon? If you did Pre-LCI halogen to LCI halogen, the LCM shouldn't have an effect on the high beam as both lights use a 55w H7 bulb. The only time the LCM would have an issue with power is if you did Pre-LCI to LCI Xenon. The LCI Xenon uses a 35w high beam bulb vs all other lights use a 55w high beam bulb. Are you sure you have the correct bulb in the high beam?

Hi B6s4 i did the pre-LCI Xenon AHL to LCI Xenon AHL the lights came out of a 2008 LCI E60 with all bulbs and packs in there, so all original
Old 11-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Ah, I see it now. You're talking about that gaping hole into the shroud for the high beam, correct?
Old 11-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

Thanks guys because I was just about to buy some mtec angel eye bulbs, but I guess not I'm not going thru that headache.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by kane1111
Thanks guys because I was just about to buy some mtec angel eye bulbs, but I guess not I'm not going thru that headache.

did you read the thread?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i 6mt, Titanium Silver, Sport Package, Winter Package

ouch, Doesn't Bruce's Cables fix these compatibility issues BTW?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kane1111

Lol i doubt you will run into any problems.... Btw the angel eyes are completely different to what happened to my lights.

Basicly the flashers(high beam) melted my inner reflectors when left on for too long, because the bulb was not regulated by the LCM and was cranked up to full power
Old 11-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmerchop69
ouch, Doesn't Bruce's Cables fix these compatibility issues BTW?
Not for the front lights only the rear. His looms has never caused me any problems on my rear LCI
Old 11-09-2010, 05:20 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I don't think it has to do w/ the the LCM & voltage regulation ... the inner reflector is NOT design to be a hi-beam (take a look the beam pattern) it was design to be a a cornering light ... the frosted lens made it shine the surrounding as oppose far distance and the compartment inside is really tight space so the heat from the H3 bulb quickly heat up the small space and melt the plastic ...

AFAIK LCI do NOT have separate hi-beam it uses the main beam (there's a flap inside) = Bi-Xenon..

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
Lol i doubt you will run into any problems.... Btw the angel eyes are completely different to what happened to my lights.

Basicly the flashers(high beam) melted my inner reflectors when left on for too long, because the bulb was not regulated by the LCM and was cranked up to full power
Old 11-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
I don't think it has to do w/ the the LCM & voltage regulation ... the inner reflector is NOT design to be a hi-beam (take a look the beam pattern) it was design to be a a cornering light ... the frosted lens made it shine the surrounding as oppose far distance and the compartment inside is really tight space so the heat from the H3 bulb quickly heat up the small space and melt the plastic ...

AFAIK LCI do NOT have separate hi-beam it uses the main beam (there's a flap inside) = Bi-Xenon..

waow, thats weird, when i flash someone the inners (reflective) work, and when i use the hi beam they stay on and also the bi xenons kick in.......

so r u saying that my flashers should ONLY be the xenons??? nothing else???

Quick Reply: Please Note Pre LCI to LCI Retrofitters