E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Played with torque monster!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have my 535d at 1400km now and i should have done 2000km properly brake-in and i managed to redline the car (almost) in D mode a few times (10-15 times) in this evening! And even turned the DSC off to play with is in some drifts. I was kinda afraid of it's response due to the fact that this is my first bmw and it's my 1st rwd car, and the most powerfull car. So after 2 or 3 drifts and a couple of redlines in one evening, should i feel guilty about ruining the brake-in? Pleas tell me truthly if i made a mistake...
I feel a bit guilty but really i couldn't help myself!!!

The driving experience part:
All can i say is that the wheels loose traction very quickly and if the car is pointed in a left or right direction from standstill the car starts to slide very quickly but in a proessive and controlable way! Now thie being my 1st time when drifting/sliding with rwd on tarmac, i was a little affraid not to loose the control but i found out that doing a 180 degree drift from stand still is very easily, but if things tend to go a bit wrong a gentle lift off the thottle (to avoid fish tailin') and steer correction is all u need!
RWD is fantastic
BMW IS MORE FANTASTIC

Now that's what i call driving experience!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

It's gonna blow!!!

No I don't think so - but be careful with your new car, a diesel engine dosen't like high revs...
Old 08-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Senior Members

Care to comment? Did i ruin anything on the car by doing that on both short/long terms?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60Sim' date='Aug 22 2005, 05:34 PM
It's gonna blow!!!? ?

No I don't think so - but be careful with your new car, a diesel engine dosen't like high revs...
[snapback]162150[/snapback]
What can happen on short terms?
A noisier engine? Unsable rpm?
Can the turbos be harmed if u play with the thottle from time to time?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

No problem.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 22 2005, 05:46 PM
No problem.
[snapback]162163[/snapback]
LOOOL Solid statement!
The engine: solid rock, bullet proof...
No really, for real now: the reason i asked is not that i'm over-reacting for such things! This is my 1st car i had that i only drove and me only! So in a way i'm responsable for whatever happens!
In my passat 1.9 TDI i got problems with smth called "air debitmeter" or smth like that and dropped pressure in turbo! And i don't know why the pressure dropped in time in the turbine but i really drove that car hard. And with time the engine vibrated more and became noisier (maybe because of the driving hard and high revs)!
Wich i know high revs is a killer for diesels!
But maybe for bmw diesels it 's not !
Old 08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Members

this is why i leased a car lol ripthe shit out of it the co will fix it if it goes bad.........as for the damage its not that harmful in the long run it might have minimal effects
Old 08-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by qtrII6' date='Aug 22 2005, 06:05 PM
this is why i leased a car lol ripthe shit out of it the co will fix it if it goes bad.........as for the damage its not that harmful in the long run it might have minimal effects
[snapback]162174[/snapback]
I agree! I lease also everytime! But it's kind of painfull to see the car damaged because of you and than handed over to some strange mechanics that may abuse it or change parts or work improperly!
In a way i was almost conviced that nothing bad will happen either in the short term or on the long term. But had to make sure if anyone had any problems with redlining the car often...especially in the brake-in!

This car puts a big smile on my face everytime i get in and especially when i get out!
Old 08-22-2005, 05:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: V8 beast!

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='Aug 22 2005, 06:14 PM
[quote name='qtrII6' date='Aug 22 2005, 06:05 PM']this is why i leased a car lol ripthe shit out of it the co will fix it if it goes bad.........as for the damage its not that harmful in the long run it might have minimal effects
[snapback]162174[/snapback]
I agree! I lease also everytime! But it's kind of painfull to see the car damaged because of you and than handed over to some strange mechanics that may abuse it or change parts or work improperly!
In a way i was almost conviced that nothing bad will happen either in the short term or on the long term. But had to make sure if anyone had any problems with redlining the car often...especially in the brake-in!

This car puts a big smile on my face everytime i get in and especially when i get out!
[snapback]162180[/snapback]
[/quote]

I feel your pain my545 is begging me everyday to punch it!
Old 08-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='Aug 22 2005, 06:52 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Aug 22 2005, 05:46 PM']No problem.
[snapback]162163[/snapback]
LOOOL Solid statement!
The engine: solid rock, bullet proof...
No really, for real now: the reason i asked is not that i'm over-reacting for such things! This is my 1st car i had that i only drove and me only! So in a way i'm responsable for whatever happens!
In my passat 1.9 TDI i got problems with smth called "air debitmeter" or smth like that and dropped pressure in turbo! And i don't know why the pressure dropped in time in the turbine but i really drove that car hard. And with time the engine vibrated more and became noisier (maybe because of the driving hard and high revs)!
Wich i know high revs is a killer for diesels!
But maybe for bmw diesels it 's not !
[snapback]162165[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't forget, this is no VW, it's a BMW I see no problem - these cars are designed to be driven hard. Besides it's under warranty so if anything did blow up, you'd be covered.

Quick Reply: Played with torque monster!