E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Platinum Bronze Metallic is a strange color

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum bronze metallic, automatic, cold weather package, fold down rear seats, iPod adapter

I finally got around to posting some pictures of my new 535xi last week. They can be found in my album here: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?autocom=ga...&user=16921.

Platinum Bronze is a strange color. I took my photos on a partly cloudy day, and the car has a gray-silver appearance. In bright light the color takes on more of a tan hue. In dimmer light it looks almost like an olive green color. At this rate people are going to think I bought three different cars.

Lots of people see it and say they love it. It looks very classy to them. Others politely say "Oh, that's nice...".
Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Looks good...
Old 04-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Olivine Green w/ Beige leather interior, 6 spd manual, premium package, comfort access, cold weather package, heated rear seats. 2005 Acura MDX Touring Sage Brush Pearl w/ NAV, running boards, roof rack 1993 325is Calypso Red w/ Parchment leather interior, 5 spd manual. (Sold Nov 06)

I like it...has the chameleon characteristics of Olivin Green, which I ordered in 2007. Congrats.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Contributors

Very cool! Looks classy
Old 04-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looks good to me. simple and unique in my opinion, since i rarely see that color.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride:

Well, I have to say that I'm sick of Silver and felt like this time around I needed a change.

I recently ordered Platinum Bronze/Natural Brown without seeing a car either at the dealer, or in the street...

I've now seen around a half a dozen cars on the road, only 2 of them 5-Series, the rest were 3ers and I have mixed feelings.

Will it look dirty?
It seems to shine in the sunlight...
At least it's not silver!

Perhaps as BMW have chosen this as the colour for the "exclusive" version then it can't be all bad - can it?
What I know for sure is that your pictures look just great and so that gives me some comfort that I did choose a good colour.

I'll know for sure on May 28th
Old 04-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Andy E61' post='560170' date='Apr 12 2008, 01:25 AM
Will it look dirty?
Since its a neutral color it can accumulate a good amount of dirt before you start to notice.

The color is absolutely stunning in the sunlight.

Silver and gray were the first two choices crossed off my list when I decided on color. They are not bad colors, but I see way too many of them.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Space Gray 550i, Light Poplar Wood, Anthracite Head Liner, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Comfort Seats in Black Nasca Leather, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Night Vision, Lane Deviation Warning, Active Cruise Control, Heated Rear Seats, Folding Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side-Shades, Rear Air Bags, Logic 7, HD Radio, Sirius Satellite Radio, iPod/USB Adapter. Car in BMW Body Shop, estimated completion 01/24/07.

Originally Posted by DanP' post='560104' date='Apr 11 2008, 06:35 PM
I finally got around to posting some pictures of my new 535xi last week. They can be found in my album here: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?autocom=ga...&user=16921.

Platinum Bronze is a strange color. I took my photos on a partly cloudy day, and the car has a gray-silver appearance. In bright light the color takes on more of a tan hue. In dimmer light it looks almost like an olive green color. At this rate people are going to think I bought three different cars.

Lots of people see it and say they love it. It looks very classy to them. Others politely say "Oh, that's nice...".
Irene and I nearly went with PB color as well, and am still sure we would have loved it especially based on what you say. If I didn't have the 'gold' truck we probably would have done it, just wanted a different color at home.
Cal
Old 04-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Looks nice! I would have considered Platinum Bronze but its not available in the US with the sport package so I got the Space Gray. It seems to be a popular color for the '08s but at least its different than previous year E60s.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Platinum bronze metallic, automatic, cold weather package, fold down rear seats, iPod adapter

Originally Posted by Andy E61' post='560170' date='Apr 11 2008, 10:25 PM
Well, I have to say that I'm sick of Silver and felt like this time around I needed a change.

I recently ordered Platinum Bronze/Natural Brown without seeing a car either at the dealer, or in the street...

I've now seen around a half a dozen cars on the road, only 2 of them 5-Series, the rest were 3ers and I have mixed feelings.

Will it look dirty?

Perhaps as BMW have chosen this as the colour for the "exclusive" version then it can't be all bad - can it?
What I know for sure is that your pictures look just great and so that gives me some comfort that I did choose a good colour.

I'll know for sure on May 28th
I can tell you for sure that the car will never look dirty. It rained here once and the car got covered with road grime, but you had to look very closely to tell.

It shines in the sunlight all right, and it looks great. The pictures in my album were taken just after a fresh coat of wax. In one of the photos you can see the reflection of my old car (a VW Passat -- anybody want to buy it?).

I actually like the color a lot! Most people do but there are some who don't get a charge out of it. I ordered it for the same reason, and in the exact same way, that you did: Out of the book, without ever seeing one, because the color is so rare. If you like the picture I'm certain you'll like the car in real life. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Platinum Bronze Metallic is a strange color