E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Platinum Bronze

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

I drive an Olivin Green E60 which I know is not popular with many but I think is superb especially under the ample sunlight we are now getting in the south of the UK.

I know this has now been dropped and replaced by the fairly similar Platinum Bronze. However, can't seem to select it on the UK site configurator even though it is in my hard copy brochure. Is there a delay on this colour?

I would like to see what it looks like as the pictures in the brochure are in the dark so that it looks really dark bronze instead of the more Platinum I suspect it will be in actuality.

Does anyone have good piccies of this colour.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Members

The color is not available in the US on an LCI until June. It is currently available on an X3. You may be able to go to your local dealer and see the color on an X3. I have done so.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by enelrojo' post='410762' date='Apr 6 2007, 08:24 AM
The color is not available in the US on an LCI until June. It is currently available on an X3. You may be able to go to your local dealer and see the color on an X3. I have done so.
We have it already on the 3 series saloon, coupe and coupe cabriolet as well as the X5 and X3, so I guess we have even more opportunity to see it. However, it may not be a popular colour as most people seem to still go for the predictable greys, silver and blacks for all series of BMW.