E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of leather interiors

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

This is my first post so apologies if this has already been covered or if I'm in the wrong forum.

I currently drive a 2003 M3 SMG but am thinking of changing to a new 5 series as I need something a little more relaxing - I guess I'm just getting old.

I've had bmw's for many years, always with either black or grey interiors and now fancy something a little different. However, it's a bit of a risk going for something off the beaten track so I'd appreciate any help.

I'm deciding my spec now and like the look of either amethyst or truffle brown dakota leather. Have any of you got pictures of these interiors as all I seem to be able to find is the usual suspects - black-grey-beige..
Old 01-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

I don't have any pictures, but take a look throughout this forum, there are plenty of pictures of Truffle brown posted here.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:18 PM
Members

Here are some examples of different color schemes: Interior colors
Old 01-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Jan 11 2004, 03:16 PM
I've had bmw's for many years, always with either black or grey interiors and now fancy something a little different. However, it's a bit of a risk going for something off the beaten track so I'd appreciate any help.

I'm deciding my spec now and like the look of either amethyst or truffle brown dakota leather. Have any of you got pictures of these interiors as all I seem to be able to find is the usual suspects - black-grey-beige..
Hi Jonboy,

Do you live in the US or somewhere else. The reason I ask is that some of these interiors are not available in the US (like Truffle Brown and Amethyst). I am going to try to special order Truffle Brown because I really like that color. Here's a list of the interior color combinations:

rodybmw

Black- Everything is black.

Beige- Dash is all black.........seats, door panels, carpet, and center console are Beige.

Gray- The dash is a medium to dark gray........seats, door panels, carpet, and center console are a lighter gray.

Auburn- The dash, carpet, center console, back cover of front seats, and outer sections of door panels are all black (actually graphite)............seats and middle of door panels are Auburn.

Amethyst- The dash, carpet, center console, back cover of front seats, and outer sections of door panels are all black (actually graphite)............seats and middle of door panels are Amethyst.

Truffle Brown- The dash is black as well as the top surfaces of the center and door armrests........The doors (other than armrests), the seats, and carpet are Truffle Brown.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Here's a leather sample of the Truffle brown with the background of the Beige interior:</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Here's a picture of a Truffle Brown Interior:</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Here are some pictures of the Auburn:</span>

Old 01-12-2004, 09:13 AM
Members

Rodybmw, what do you mean when you say that Auburn has "graphite." Isn't it the same as the same as the "black" interior? I tried to get Truffle Brown on an ED but was told no by BMWNA. Rather than argue, I opted with Auburn which I really came to like (sort of an acquired taste I think).
Old 01-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jckrauskopf' date='Jan 12 2004, 12:13 PM
Rodybmw, what do you mean when you say that Auburn has "graphite."? Isn't it the same as the same as the "black" interior?? I tried to get Truffle Brown on an ED but was told no by BMWNA.? Rather than argue, I opted with Auburn which I really came to like (sort of an acquired taste I think).
I have a document that someone sent me from the UK which lists the color of many of the interior portions in detail and they call the black sections of the Auburn, Amethyst, AND Black Interiors "Graphite". I guess it's just the name they choose to call it, but to answer your question, yes it is the same as the "black" interior.

Did your dealer actually submit an order to BMW NA and it was returned some time later with the denial of your request for Truffle Brown? Or did your dealer just ask someone at BMW NA on the phone and was told no? Also was there a denial because you were doing ED or would it have been denied for regular orders too? I love the Truffle Brown Interior and want to special order it too for a 2005 model year 545i, so I'm curious how your dealer approached the issue.

I have seen the Auburn in person and actually like the Auburn color, I just think there is too much black in it (carpets, center console, back of front seats). I would have considered it if there wasn't that much black in it.

rodybmw
Old 01-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Jan 12 2004, 03:24 AM
[quote name='jonboy' date='Jan 11 2004, 03:16 PM']I've had bmw's for many years, always with either black or grey interiors and now fancy something a little different. However, it's a bit of a risk going for something off the beaten track so I'd appreciate any help.

Hi Jonboy,

Do you live in the US or somewhere else. The reason I ask is that some of these interiors are not available in the US (like Truffle Brown and Amethyst). I am going to try to special order Truffle Brown because I really like that color. Here's a list of the interior color combinations:

rodybmw

Black- Everything is black.

Beige- Dash is all black.........seats, door panels, carpet, and center console are Beige.

Gray- The dash is a medium to dark gray........seats, door panels, carpet, and center console are a lighter gray.

Auburn- The dash, carpet, center console, back cover of front seats, and outer sections of door panels are all black (actually graphite)............seats and middle of door panels are Auburn.

Amethyst- The dash, carpet, center console, back cover of front seats, and outer sections of door panels are all black (actually graphite)............seats and middle of door panels are Amethyst.

Truffle Brown- The dash is black as well as the top surfaces of the center and door armrests........The doors (other than armrests), the seats, and carpet are Truffle Brown.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Here's a leather sample of the Truffle brown with the background of the Beige interior:</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Here's a picture of a Truffle Brown Interior:</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Here are some pictures of the Auburn:</span>

[/quote]
rodybmw

Thanks for your reply and pictures. I live in the UK and didn't realise that these interiors were not avaliable as standard in the US. I'm sure that they must be available as a special order?

Still can't make my mind up though. My dealer is convinced that with Silvergrey I need a strong contrast, eg red/black but I definately want something a little lighter.

What is your opinion of Amethyst or Truffle Brown with Silvergrey??

Jonboy
Old 01-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jonboy' date='Jan 12 2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks for your reply and pictures. I live in the UK and didn't realise that these interiors were not avaliable as standard in the US. I'm sure that they must be available as a special order?

Still can't make my mind up though. My dealer is convinced that with Silvergrey I need a strong contrast, eg red/black but I definately want something a little lighter.

What is your opinion of Amethyst or Truffle Brown with Silvergrey??

Jonboy
Hi Jonboy,

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Here's my opinion on all the interior colors:</span>

My favorite interior color has been Gray for many years now (all of my current BMW's have Gray interriors), and I think it will look good with Silver Gray. However, I am tired of Gray.

I hate Black, I feel it hides all the details of the interior and blends every part together. Also makes the interior design look less modern.

I don't like the E60 Beige (although I like other shades of Beige on other BMW's).

I like the Auburn color, but I don't like the fact that there is too much black mixed in (carpets, console, back of front seats, parts of doors). I'm also affraid of getting tired of the Auburn fast.

Having not seen the Amethyst in real life or even pictures I am not sure exactly what it looks like. I have seen the BMW car configurator picture of Amethyst, but that is not enough to go on. There are additonal issues for me personally with Amethyst like the same overuse of black (like Auburn) and the fact that it is not available in the US.

Even though Truffle Brown is not available in the US on the E60, it is available on the X5, so I have seen it in person and like it very much.

To answer your question, I think the Truffle Brown will look good with Silver Gray. I like the Truffle Brown color and the fact that there is a little bit of a two tone look with the top of the center and door armrests being black (without the overuse of black like Auburn and Amethyst).

By the way, there is another guy from London on the thread about "Bluetooth Usefulness" who has an Orient Blue with Amethyst Interior. I asked him to post some pictures of the Amethyst, you may want to keep checking that thread to see if he does post them. On the other hand, if you live in or close to London maybe you can contact him and see his car in person (then take some pictures of the Amethyst for us ). He posts as "E60-530d-London".

rodybmw
Old 01-13-2004, 08:04 AM
Members

Hi rodybmw,

Yes I did try placing a ED order for Truffle Brown using the color-code from the European brochure. I agree with most of the points made in this forum. I wasn't too comfortable with so much Black in "Auburn" but I actually liked the fact that it hides what I consider as the flaws in the interior (ugly covers for uninstalled heated rear seats controls, center-console hole without a cover door, black plastic options panel that looks strange all by itself on a beige background). My order was rejected by BMWNA but it's unclear if it was rejected because it was ED (absolutely no changes) or BMWNA has flip-floped on the ability to special-order Truffle Brown.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jckrauskopf' date='Jan 13 2004, 11:04 AM
Hi rodybmw,

Yes I did try placing a ED order for Truffle Brown using the color-code from the European brochure.? I agree with most of the points made in this forum.? I wasn't too comfortable with so much Black in "Auburn" but I actually liked the fact that it hides what I consider as the flaws in the interior (ugly covers for uninstalled heated rear seats controls, center-console hole without a cover door, black plastic options panel that looks strange all by itself on a beige background).? My order was rejected by BMWNA but it's unclear if it was rejected because it was ED (absolutely no changes) or BMWNA has flip-floped on the ability to special-order Truffle Brown.
OK....thanks for the info. I always hear of people buying their cars before and after each of my purchases who were able to get what they wanted from BMW NA, but everytime I'm in the market for a new BMW they deny my requests. The only time they gave me what I wanted was on a 1997 528i (European cloth upholstry, and they did it for free).

rodybmw