E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Picked up '08 550i

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally ended my search for a replacement to my e46 vert. Although I love that car and would love to just keep it I felt it was time for a change. I actually found this car from a fellow forum member, bha7176. The car was exactly as described and in great shape. I spent about 2 hours last night detailing the interior as I like to detail a any ca I buy but, I told my wife when I was done that this was the cleanest car I have bought except for a brand new car. Hats off to Bryan for taking such great care of his car. Can't wait to learn more from you guys on the forum.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 530xiT Black/Black Nav pan roof tint 30%/20% F/R, LED Interior, Matte Kidney Grills, RPi intake scoop, 5W LED AE's, Backed out emblems...

<--- Jealous! Nice pick up.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ntocamping
Finally ended my search for a replacement to my e46 vert. Although I love that car and would love to just keep it I felt it was time for a change. I actually found this car from a fellow forum member, bha7176. The car was exactly as described and in great shape. I spent about 2 hours last night detailing the interior as I like to detail a any ca I buy but, I told my wife when I was done that this was the cleanest car I have bought except for a brand new car. Hats off to Bryan for taking such great care of his car. Can't wait to learn more from you guys on the forum.
Pictures or it didn't happen.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:29 AM
Members

Congrats! But we need pics!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

You are welcome Jim! Its a great car man, and I'm sure you will continue to keep it that way! Also glad that I found you to sell it to, another enthusiast who I know will appreciate and take care of it.

Paint looks excellent once all that damn car wash residue came off, right? I couldn't beleive that touchless car wash left such a mess on it.

Hey, BTW, under the passengar seat is a game for a sony PSP - son dropped it two years ago and I could never get it out. If you get "that" into detailing it, let me know, he'd like the game back - i forgot about it, he reminded me.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bha7176
You are welcome Jim! Its a great car man, and I'm sure you will continue to keep it that way! Also glad that I found you to sell it to, another enthusiast who I know will appreciate and take care of it.

Paint looks excellent once all that damn car wash residue came off, right? I couldn't beleive that touchless car wash left such a mess on it.

Hey, BTW, under the passengar seat is a game for a sony PSP - son dropped it two years ago and I could never get it out. If you get "that" into detailing it, let me know, he'd like the game back - i forgot about it, he reminded me.
I'll make a note to look for it. Those spaces under those seats are pretty tight so I can imagine it being quite hard to retrieve.

Yea, Sunday was a 5 hour exterior detailing job. PA water must be pretty hard as those water spots had etched the paint and I needed to use an orange pad and more abrasive polish first, followed by a white pad and finish polish, then followed by a polymer/sealant hand wax job. Gotta love a porter cable 7424. I was beat but it sure looks good now!!! Sitting in the garage staying dry and clean.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by ntocamping
I'll make a note to look for it. Those spaces under those seats are pretty tight so I can imagine it being quite hard to retrieve.

Yea, Sunday was a 5 hour exterior detailing job. PA water must be pretty hard as those water spots had etched the paint and I needed to use an orange pad and more abrasive polish first, followed by a white pad and finish polish, then followed by a polymer/sealant hand wax job. Gotta love a porter cable 7424. I was beat but it sure looks good now!!! Sitting in the garage staying dry and clean.

Awesome! Yeah, sorry about that. I should have let it go, it wasn't even that dusty to begin with. Keep me posted, I'd like to keep track of the car and what mods you do or undo