E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Photo Shoot

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome photos!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

cool pics
Old 09-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

Old 09-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

your car is beautiful. what are the rims? every car i've ever owned is a dark blue, i love it. it's odd how many people thought that monaco blue on my car is black, which is strange...

btw, what's the deal with the "m?"
Old 09-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Contributors

both cars lookin' really good. thanks for sharing man!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Originally Posted by tuffluck
your car is beautiful. what are the rims? every car i've ever owned is a dark blue, i love it. it's odd how many people thought that monaco blue on my car is black, which is strange...

btw, what's the deal with the "m?"
The rims are ASA wheels. See my sig for the specs...The color is orient blue. I hear the black paint comment often as well..

The M is always reason for discusion it seems ... I have it because of the oem M-tech kit.... bit like the S on Audi's with S line pack

Thanx for all the comment though! Appreciate it
Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by greycoopers
The rims are ASA wheels. See my sig for the specs...The color is orient blue. I hear the black paint comment often as well..

The M is always reason for discusion it seems ... I have it because of the oem M-tech kit.... bit like the S on Audi's with S line pack

Thanx for all the comment though! Appreciate it
weird, i've never heard of orient blue--is that available in NA too? looks similar to the monaco blue i have.

no biggy on the M. i get it. i don't like posers, which i don't think you are doing since you would otherwise have the M side grills + the M5 emblem on the rear. still, i like your car. IMO the best rims i've seen on a 5 series yet. how much did they cost you? PM if you'd prefer.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:15 PM
DTD
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

Had to Chime in. Have those rims. Have the AR1s'. I believe ASA still makes the AR2 (Anthracite Color) I have the Tire / Wheel insurance package from Dealer. Had to have the dealer just redo another Bent/Cracked rim on wheel. If you pick them up; better buy a fifth wheel for the dealer or whomever for easy change over. The dealer has taken anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks somethimes getting the replacement. For the long haul vacation; just thought of this ~ best bring the wheel (and Tire) with you. I have Potenza 960s and have never cut a Tire yet when the darn Pothole strikes. Its always the wheel that gets bent and lip cracked. Have had the 530 for 2 years now and I believe I have had 5 or 6 new wheels! To me that seems like alot? I am looking for OEM if possible 166 wheels now. Some how I think the spoke supporting the wheel edge of rim will help stop bent rims. Dan
Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Contributors

looks good man could use some spacers on the wheels but other than that its nice
Old 09-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

@Tuffluck... I got a really sweet deal trading my oem 17" wheel with the ASA, so ended up payning about 500 euros for them
Not sure about the color.. There are guys here from the US who have this color ( Praised has one) so I guess they where sold there as well... It's a nice dark blue withba sparkle in it, which lights up really nice.

@Praised...I tried a 10 mm spacer on the rear, bit it lets the wheel stick out to much and it causes rubbing sometimes...I dont want a 5 mm spacer due to vibration so I will leave it as is...

@DTD... These wheels are not as strong and light as OEM wheels, that is for sure... But I dont drive that much and prefer the looks over the performance...

Thanx again for the comments, very much appreciated!

Quick Reply: Photo Shoot