E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Phonebook's Gone

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three days ago, the contacts/phonebook on iDrive disappeared. I thought it was weird glitch on the computer.

So, I gave it time for the phone and iDrive to synch and hoped that the phonebook will transfer over. I was driving for an hour (phone was never used) but the transferred didn't happen.

I decided to unpair the phone from iDrive and the BMW from the phone. I totally deleted any trace of the two devices. I also cleared up of the call logs from the iDrive (missed call, received calls, etc.). Then I paired the phone once again. It did and I'm able to make and received calls, but the phonebook didn't transferred.

What gives? Any solution to get the phonebook to transferred to the car like it was before?
Old 04-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Apr 6 2005, 08:17 PM
Three days ago, the contacts/phonebook on iDrive disappeared.? I thought it was weird glitch on the computer.

So, I gave it time for the phone and iDrive to synch and hoped that the phonebook will transfer over.? I was driving for an hour (phone was never used) but the transferred didn't happen.

I decided to unpair the phone from iDrive and the BMW from the phone.? I totally deleted any trace of the two devices.? I also cleared up of the call logs from the iDrive (missed call, received calls, etc.).? Then I paired the phone once again.? It did and I'm able to make and received calls, but the phonebook didn't transferred.

What gives?? Any solution to get the phonebook to transferred to the car like it was before?
[snapback]112229[/snapback]

Which phone are you using? I had the same thing happen on my Treo 650, and I had to turn on/off the "Allow wake up" function on my phone.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Members

I'm using Sony Ericsson S700i.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Apr 6 2005, 08:26 PM
I'm using Sony Ericsson S700i.
[snapback]112235[/snapback]

Oh, you mean like it says right there in your signature? Sorry, maybe someone else can help you. I know that you are not suppossed to have your first phonebook entry start with anything other than a letter, regardless of phone. So if its a character, a space or a number, it can conflict with the transfer.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Apr 6 2005, 08:17 PM
Three days ago, the contacts/phonebook on iDrive disappeared.? I thought it was weird glitch on the computer.

So, I gave it time for the phone and iDrive to synch and hoped that the phonebook will transfer over.? I was driving for an hour (phone was never used) but the transferred didn't happen.

I decided to unpair the phone from iDrive and the BMW from the phone.? I totally deleted any trace of the two devices.? I also cleared up of the call logs from the iDrive (missed call, received calls, etc.).? Then I paired the phone once again.? It did and I'm able to make and received calls, but the phonebook didn't transferred.

What gives?? Any solution to get the phonebook to transferred to the car like it was before?
[snapback]112229[/snapback]
I now that the phonebook entry on individual phones can be down to the software installed on the handset. Try up grading the software on the phone and see what happens.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Contributors

I have a Sony Ericsson S710a that I bought a month ago. Up until two days ago I had no problems, but then all of the sudden I noticed the phone book was not in iDrive. I paired and unpaired, powered off and on, etc., but the phone book would not come back. This morning I got in the car hoping that the phone book would be there and no luck, it was still not in iDrive. Then after about 20 minutes of driving all of the sudden it appeared on the iDrive screen. I don't know what the deal is and whether it's the phone or iDrive that has the problem. The only thing affected is the phone book, everything else works perfectly (make and receive calls, etc.).
Old 04-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rodybmw' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:01 PM
I have a Sony Ericsson S710a that I bought a month ago.? Up until two days ago I had no problems, but then all of the sudden I noticed the phone book was not in iDrive.? I paired and unpaired, powered off and on, etc., but the phone book would not come back.? This morning I got in the car hoping that the phone book would be there and no luck, it was still not in iDrive.? Then after about 20 minutes of driving all of the sudden it appeared on the iDrive screen. I don't know what the deal is and whether it's the phone or iDrive that has the problem.? The only thing affected is the phone book, everything else works perfectly (make and receive calls, etc.).
[snapback]112285[/snapback]
Did you do something with your phone or iDriver that morning that the phonebook appeared on yur iDrive (i.e., delete messages, delete call logs, etc.) for the phonebook to transfer?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jenny' date='Apr 7 2005, 12:23 AM
[quote name='rodybmw' date='Apr 6 2005, 11:01 PM']I have a Sony Ericsson S710a that I bought a month ago.? Up until two days ago I had no problems, but then all of the sudden I noticed the phone book was not in iDrive.? I paired and unpaired, powered off and on, etc., but the phone book would not come back.? This morning I got in the car hoping that the phone book would be there and no luck, it was still not in iDrive.? Then after about 20 minutes of driving all of the sudden it appeared on the iDrive screen. I don't know what the deal is and whether it's the phone or iDrive that has the problem.? The only thing affected is the phone book, everything else works perfectly (make and receive calls, etc.).
[snapback]112285[/snapback]
Did you do something with your phone or iDriver that morning that the phonebook appeared on yur iDrive (i.e., delete messages, delete call logs, etc.) for the phonebook to transfer?
[snapback]112293[/snapback]
[/quote]

No........all I did was make a couple of phone calls by selecting the numbers from the call logs. The phone book appeared about 5 minutes after I finished my last phone call. It probably is not related to the phone calls, but I did not do anything else in the iDrive that morning.