E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Peter E60 523

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Looks great -- congrats
Do you have a sound file / uploaded anything to You Tube?

I was looking at the Supersprint website earlier today for my 550. They have 2 versions, 1 with EEC Homologation (to do with loudness I believe) and 1 without. There is a big price difference between the 2.

Does yours have the EEC homologation or is it one of the earlier versions -- I believe you bought it from Dutch530i, right?
Like Ivano wrote, it would be interesting to see if you had any issues with it being approved for road use / TUV / or whatever you need to The Netherlands.

EDIT: I see you wrote some answers above whilst I was writing -- is it the EEC Homologation version? And did you get an OK from the authorities?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Originally Posted by greycoopers
Thanx Ivano!

Actually the diameter on the Supersprint is 75 mm , so you must have a bigger exhaust (tips) on yours already...My OEM size was 63 mm wide and 58 high (oval)

I got the exhaust from a member here (dutch 530i) because he went to quads...he got me a nice deal. Normally the run around 700,- euros.

The exhaust is TUV approved!

My old exhaust had a valve, but not sure if the would open or not...the Supersprint has no valve I believe.
Oh well, then I have only 63mm because I have the OEM exhaust.

700 bucks is not that much, I wanted to swap to Eisenmann/ Reuter Motorsport,not this year, but you make me wanna buy this thing immediately
Supersprint is an italian brand,right? How is the quality? It's a big sound improvement? I'm very disappointed about the sound note on the OEM 530i...

Ivano
Old 08-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Looks great -- congrats
Do you have a sound file / uploaded anything to You Tube?

I was looking at the Supersprint website earlier today for my 550. They have 2 versions, 1 with EEC Homologation (to do with loudness I believe) and 1 without. There is a big price difference between the 2.

Does yours have the EEC homologation or is it one of the earlier versions -- I believe you bought it from Dutch530i, right?
Like Ivano wrote, it would be interesting to see if you had any issues with it being approved for road use / TUV / or whatever you need to The Netherlands.

EDIT: I see you wrote some answers above whilst I was writing -- is it the EEC Homologation version? And did you get an OK from the authorities?

Modding fiever!!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ivano
Oh well, then I have only 63mm because I have the OEM exhaust.

700 bucks is not that much, I wanted to swap to Eisenmann/ Reuter Motorsport,not this year, but you make me wanna buy this thing immediately
Supersprint is an italian brand,right? How is the quality? It's a big sound improvement? I'm very disappointed about the sound note on the OEM 530i...

Ivano
Go on You Tube -- you should find a number of exhaust videos of different brands on a 530i. Make sure you wear head phones to get the deep rumble or have a decent set of speakers hooked up to your computer/laptop

On the V8, I think the Supersprint is a little quieter than an RPI exhaust, which (I believe) in turn is quieter than an Eisenmann. Obviously greycoopers can give you feedback about the 6 cyl version -- I'm looking forward to hearing the sound!

Supersprint is considered high quality and they have a lot of engineering experience, which means performance gains and not losses.
The prices are on the Supersprint site, but remember to add the 19% VAT !!

Originally Posted by ivano
Modding fiever!!
Its got a little out of control again recently...

On second thoughts, I take that back. I probably never actually had it under control
Old 08-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

i am not sure which type I have, but it is TUV approved and can be used legally here in The Netherlands.
The sound improvement is not so much in decibels but it has converted the dumb stock sound into a deep and dark grawl, even at low speed. On higher revs is sounds sweet as well. Deep 6 cylinder sound but decent. I don't want an exhaust you can hear two blocks down. Now it has a sort of expensive and powerfull rumble to it...

... I drove about an hour or so with the windows down and love the sound. No more cd in a while haha
Old 08-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

i am not sure which type I have, but it is TUV approved and can be used legally here in The Netherlands.
The sound improvement is not so much in decibels but it has converted the dumb stock sound into a deep and dark grawl, even at low speed. On higher revs is sounds sweet as well. Deep 6 cylinder sound but decent. I don't want an exhaust you can hear two blocks down. Now it has a sort of expensive and powerfull rumble to it...

... I drove about an hour or so with the windows down and love the sound. No more cd in a while haha

I did exactly the same when I first fitted it!!! Its a great balance with sounding more powerful but with no drone and more aggressive on kick down
Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 AM
Contributors

Love it

Thanks for confirming the TUV approval.

Your feedback on the sound reflects what Andy545 (another Dutch member) told me about the SS exhaust he fitted to his car. I am probably staying OEM for now to keep the car a little understated, but reading these kind of posts and seeing the videos is driving me

Enjoy
Old 08-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Contributors

damn, how should I explain it to my girl?

"Hey baby, the exhaust note is too quite on my car, it's not ok and everybody laugh at me, I have to buy myself a new one!"

Is that OK?

Ivano
Old 08-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Just put the new one on, and if she does comment, say that your exhaust is broken and sounds a bit louder...

... This will leave you with the possibility to get another mod
Old 08-11-2010, 11:28 PM
Contributors

It's a nit more difficult, she's very interested in "our" car and she knows everything about my mods, damn!
If the exhaust would be broken, she would say " go to the dealer, the car has almost 1 1/2 years warranty left".. She's smart, doh!
Maybe I try it next year, I will tell her that I have to mod my car and this is the only thing remaining to accomplish this project
sometimes the truth is the best and most simple excuse

Ivano

Quick Reply: Peter E60 523