E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Perfect Color Scheme

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Ti Silver is great and with black leather it is really easy the keep clean.

The colour is very popular in Germany but so is black and the two blue
colours as well.

Read somewhere that different grey colours are popular now.
They have different shades of other colours mixed, like grey, blue etc.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

I have Silver Gray/Black but will go for the Auburn interior next time. I inquired with my dealer here in Tucson and they said no one ever ordered Auburn and highly recommended against it - of course, this was the same salesperson who said comfort seats were an unpopular and useless option.

As for Amethyst Gray, I saw one and it just didn't look "right" - just my opinion.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='263898' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:14 AM
I dont think there is something like the perfect color combi. Its all a matter of taste and besides that, if u had a certain color combo for some time another combo is often more attractive.
There are also more colors for the interior possible than BMW offers cause they only offer a couple of leather colors while there are dozens of colors available but they are only not stock and have to be installed after the delivery of the car or through the exclusive line of BMW. Mine for example. The car is carbonblack and the interior is Naturbraun Nappa leather which is officially a porsche color. So i think there are far more color combinations than we think. Here are the pics of my car.

Georgos lovely colour you got there.
Can you post more detail pictures of the interior of your car?
I really would like to see the interior with the aluminum cube trim. Thanks!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Members

My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

I never gave the color "Auburn" much thought. I was so stuck on what would go well with the exterior "Ti Silver color" that I didnt really think about it much. Now that I have seen a couple of post with the Auburn color, I am trying to find an exterior color that will mesh well with it. As I look through the 2007 Catalog for the 5. I notice that Auburn isnt offered as a color combination for the Ti Silver and any of the Grays.
If you have a Catalog it is on page 43. Why would they do this? Or am I wrong?

Thanks guys for posting those pics! I never knew that something could be so difficult. I guess its because I love all of the color combo's. I am in search of something that best describes me. Or really has that umph! You know I've heard that your car is an extension of you. So I will not bother telling what I currently drive.

Thanks for the pics and info. Keep it coming
Once again thank you all very much
Dickens
Old 04-03-2006, 01:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by Dickens' post='264076' date='Apr 3 2006, 11:02 AM
I never gave the color "Auburn" much thought. I was so stuck on what would go well with the exterior "Ti Silver color" that I didnt really think about it much. Now that I have seen a couple of post with the Auburn color, I am trying to find an exterior color that will mesh well with it. As I look through the 2007 Catalog for the 5. I notice that Auburn isnt offered as a color combination for the Ti Silver and any of the Grays.
If you have a Catalog it is on page 43. Why would they do this? Or am I wrong?

Thanks guys for posting those pics! I never knew that something could be so difficult. I guess its because I love all of the color combo's. I am in search of something that best describes me. Or really has that umph! You know I've heard that your car is an extension of you. So I will not bother telling what I currently drive.

Thanks for the pics and info. Keep it coming
Once again thank you all very much
Dickens
Auburn can be special ordered with any exterior color, and for that matter any listed available color (interior or exterior) can be custom ordered in combination.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Members

:thumbsdown:
Great more silver/grey german cars, nothing like originality!

I guess it is great if you want to follow the crowd, makes you feel secure I bet!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by LowOrbit' post='264023' date='Apr 3 2006, 08:27 AM
I have Silver Gray/Black but will go for the Auburn interior next time. I inquired with my dealer here in Tucson and they said no one ever ordered Auburn and highly recommended against it -
My sales guy said the same thing... no one orders that... it's uncommon blah blah blah blah... I didnt listen to him. I bet he was just afriad that if I backed out of the order he'll have a harder time selling the car especially its color and it being SMG. Those sales guys are tricky... they only care about selling a car and for any reason... just in case you dont want it he wants to be able to sell it.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Members

My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

Originally Posted by stubenhocker' post='264317' date='Apr 4 2006, 04:02 AM
:thumbsdown:
Great more silver/grey german cars, nothing like originality!

I guess it is great if you want to follow the crowd, makes you feel secure I bet!

I'm the last one to "follow the crowd". IMHO, I really think Ti Silver is the best of all. Why not purchase the color that gives you wood everytime you look at it. Especially if you dropping 50+ on a vehicle. I'm willing to alter only because of the need to step out and differ.