E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The Perfect Color Scheme

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: An 1994 Ashamed-Mobile Partially Loaded, Leather. Radioless, Heatless, Gas-needleless.

As stated in my original post. I truly think the Titanium Silver is the perfect color. So perfect that every other one owned by an American over here in Europe is Ti Silver. I am wondering is there anywhere to research how many of a specific color has been issued/sold? My wife likes the Amethyst Gray, I think this is a great color, even though its similar to my grannys Buick Regal (1988?). Also I think this color will hurt the resale.
Monaco Blue is very nice, Classic even. I can imagine it would be like the other darker colors. Difficult to maintain the look of cleanliness.
What are your ideas on the Perfect Color Scheme?
Any ideas where to find the info in regards to how many of each color have been sold?
I bet Ti Silver is really up there in the numbers. If the numbers do reflect high for the amount of Ti-Silver 5 series out there, it will definitely have a major impact on my decision.
Once again thanks for your time and patience.
Dickens
Old 04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I think Silver Gray is. why else would BMW use that as their advertising color?

P.S. Silver is the best selling color is almost all brands of cars... doenst mean much.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='263777' date='Apr 2 2006, 02:29 PM
I think Silver Gray is. why else would BMW use that as their advertising color?

P.S. Silver is the best selling color is almost all brands of cars... doenst mean much.
EBMCS03...suprised you didnt mention your Auburn interior to go with SG. Oh well in my opinion, Silver gray/Auburn is the most distinctive and classy combo . Easy to maintain too.
Attached Thumbnails The Perfect Color Scheme-545i_004.jpg   The Perfect Color Scheme-545i_003.jpg  
Old 04-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Senior Members

looks amazing congrats!
i personally perfer the auburn interior, my absolute favorite choice.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='263865' date='Apr 2 2006, 10:08 PM
EBMCS03...suprised you didnt mention your Auburn interior to go with SG.

Hahah he was only talking about Exterior color... and BMW doesnt pay me enough to advertise again! They already made one guys profit off my advertising...
Old 04-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 520d M sport Touring Titanium Silver Media Package Privacy Glass

Colour is very subjective but also it appears to be very cultural too.

For example White and Amyethyst Grey are stictly no no here in the UK Yet they abound in markets like the US. Maybe it has something to do with sunlight - you get more of it over there. The one example of AG i saw looked in my eyes, aweful (BROWN BMW's JUST DONT CUT IT HERE) and i know of at least one dealership where any e60 in that colour is the but of many jokes. I thought the AG would have looked like a merc cubanite silver but it was nowhere near in the flesh.

Personally i think the e60 looks at its best in black but like the masses i dont want to valet my car at the end of each trip so i opted fot T Silver.

Each to there own is what i say and as the old saying goes "beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"
Old 04-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

I dont think there is something like the perfect color combi. Its all a matter of taste and besides that, if u had a certain color combo for some time another combo is often more attractive.
There are also more colors for the interior possible than BMW offers cause they only offer a couple of leather colors while there are dozens of colors available but they are only not stock and have to be installed after the delivery of the car or through the exclusive line of BMW. Mine for example. The car is carbonblack and the interior is Naturbraun Nappa leather which is officially a porsche color. So i think there are far more color combinations than we think. Here are the pics of my car.
Attached Thumbnails The Perfect Color Scheme-525i.jpg   The Perfect Color Scheme-525e.jpg  
Old 04-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='263898' date='Apr 3 2006, 03:14 AM
I dont think there is something like the perfect color combi. Its all a matter of taste and besides that, if u had a certain color combo for some time another combo is often more attractive.
There are also more colors for the interior possible than BMW offers cause they only offer a couple of leather colors while there are dozens of colors available but they are only not stock and have to be installed after the delivery of the car or through the exclusive line of BMW. Mine for example. The car is carbonblack and the interior is Naturbraun Nappa leather which is officially a porsche color. So i think there are far more color combinations than we think. Here are the pics of my car.
Perfect combination !

At least for you and me
but I prefer the sedan over the estate

For the auburn, the black interior roof is a must for me, since the std white interior roof adds just one more color to the black/auburn that does not fit that well.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545i now' post='263865' date='Apr 2 2006, 11:08 PM
EBMCS03...suprised you didnt mention your Auburn interior to go with SG. Oh well in my opinion, Silver gray/Auburn is the most distinctive and classy combo . Easy to maintain too.
One of the nicier combo for my taste-
Old 04-03-2006, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

as my dad had ordered his E34 many years ago, the people of BMW verbally have beaten him, because it was a light blue one with beige leather seats. in the brochure of the E60 there is one with blue exterior and beige leather seats

Quick Reply: The Perfect Color Scheme