E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

PDC/DiAGNOSTIC

Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a 2005 530DAT. Does anyone know where I can buy diagnostic tool for this car. Haven`t found much on the internet.....

I have 2 ea PDC sensors that are not "making sound". When I activate the system i get the PDC FAILURE message, and then nothing is shown on my screen. All the other sensors are ticking. Will my 2 broken sensors in the front make the whole system shut down?

On the IDRIVE menu it says: "PDC failure. No failure from pdc control" Have anybody experienced this problem? Any tips?. Just replace 2 sensors?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by brdove' post='651572' date='Aug 21 2008, 07:35 PM
I have a 2005 530DAT. Does anyone know where I can buy diagnostic tool for this car. Haven`t found much on the internet.....

I have 2 ea PDC sensors that are not "making sound". When I activate the system i get the PDC FAILURE message, and then nothing is shown on my screen. All the other sensors are ticking. Will my 2 broken sensors in the front make the whole system shut down?

On the IDRIVE menu it says: "PDC failure. No failure from pdc control" Have anybody experienced this problem? Any tips?. Just replace 2 sensors?

Anyone??

I am pretty sure that the two front sensors are the reason for this. Does anyone know where i can order "carbon black" painted pdc sensors for my FRONT bumper?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

If only the front sensor(s) are u/s, then the rear ones will still work, and vice-versa.

If you are getting nothing at either end, then I would suspect the PDC controller under the spare wheel well in the boot (check for water ingress).

For either the sensor or the controller, it will have to be the $tealer. They come ready painted.
However, there are some available on eBay, and it is possible to paint them yourself with an aerosol - large Automotive accessories chains will be able to custom make the aerosol for you - if you're in the UK, then go to Halfords.

BTW, if you edit your profile to indicate where in the world you are, then you may get country specific replies to your posts.

Mike
Old 08-22-2008, 07:41 AM
Members

I have experienced that the two other sensors in the front and all aft sensors are working when the system is operating. (Missing 2/8). Next time I use my car the whole system is down. But the 2 that are not "making sound" never work....

When the system is operating i have 4 in the back that indicate, and only 2 at the front....

Anyone know about diagnostic tool for my 2005 e60/61???
Old 09-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Members

I have a similar problem with my E61 525d. I normally get a straight forward failure of the whole system, but sometimes it works - completely random - and all of the sensors work. BMW in Kings Lynn (UK) checked it out and said two sensors on the front are not working, would this stop the whole system working or could it be that two randomly short stopping the whole system working. (They want ?300 to fix the problem!)

Thanks ofr any advice
Old 09-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by brdove' post='651572' date='Aug 21 2008, 08:35 PM
A really good and detailed question! What does the iDrive actually show?

In my LCI all the sensors (four front and rear) give a visual pic.

"PDC failure" can also mean that just only one sensor is broken .

Attached Thumbnails PDC/DiAGNOSTIC-e60_pdc.jpg  

Search this Thread