E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Part # Request and warning about Bimmian Bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 M5
Thumbs down

Stupid clear vision bulbs from Bimmian and bad design of BMW side marker metal clips. Wasted hours fishing them out of the little hole with a magnet, yet still one is missing.

Part # anyone? Can't seem to find it in my state of mind right now.

Also, these "silver coated lights" that blink amber from Bimmian sucks donkeys. They are only half as bright as OEM. So all my frustration tonight is just to get the car back to stock (minus 1 clip).
There front corner blinkers are suppose to be their "twice as bright" silvervison type bulbs. Again, dim like 1/2 of OEM. No way am I gonna put that on my car. Safety first...

That coupled with poor BMW socket engineering, and to make a long story really short, the bulb BLEW OUT within 10 flashes of the hazzard (and I used gloves to install, no oil on the bulb), but not before I saw how dim it was compared to my OEM right side. I had to remove the front headlight to get out the socket, as it got STUCK. Bulb had to shatter to get it out.

I should have waited to remove the headlight, as my angelibrights are coming in 2-3 days, but it'll eat me up alive if I have to wait two days with a dead and frozen socket in my lamp assembly. Guess I'll take it apart again in a few days. All in all, I wasted a good 5 hours fishing for clips (3 times!), struggling with a light socket until I decided to pull the light out.... all to get back to OEM.

Rant over.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to change out all my bulbs as one of my first mods. Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. gl with the angeleyes!
Originally Posted by EM_5' post='584272' date='May 20 2008, 03:53 AM
Stupid clear vision bulbs from Bimmian and bad design of BMW side marker metal clips. Wasted hours fishing them out of the little hole with a magnet, yet still one is missing.

Part # anyone? Can't seem to find it in my state of mind right now.

Also, these "silver coated lights" that blink amber from Bimmian sucks donkeys. They are only half as bright as OEM. So all my frustration tonight is just to get the car back to stock (minus 1 clip).
There front corner blinkers are suppose to be their "twice as bright" silvervison type bulbs. Again, dim like 1/2 of OEM. No way am I gonna put that on my car. Safety first...

That coupled with poor BMW socket engineering, and to make a long story really short, the bulb BLEW OUT within 10 flashes of the hazzard (and I used gloves to install, no oil on the bulb), but not before I saw how dim it was compared to my OEM right side. I had to remove the front headlight to get out the socket, as it got STUCK. Bulb had to shatter to get it out.

I should have waited to remove the headlight, as my angelibrights are coming in 2-3 days, but it'll eat me up alive if I have to wait two days with a dead and frozen socket in my lamp assembly. Guess I'll take it apart again in a few days. All in all, I wasted a good 5 hours fishing for clips (3 times!), struggling with a light socket until I decided to pull the light out.... all to get back to OEM.

Rant over.