E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Part electric seats and Key memory

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For a UK spec car, with Part electric seats (as standard on UK sports models), is there such a thing as key memory ??
My I-drive vehicle settings menu does not give the relevant option under 'Door locks' sub menu.

Interested to hear from other owners with THIS SPEC of car seats.
Cheers.
Gudge
Old 05-03-2005, 03:55 AM
Contributors

Sorry don't have that spec but as I understand it there isn't a menu option as such. You would unlock the car with Key A and with that key in the ignition, configure the cars settings as you want them ( things such as locking car after moving off, unlock drivers door or all doors ). You then remove Key A and lock the car.

Now unlock the car using Key B and with that key in the ignition, configure the cars settings as you want them (but different to Key A if you want to check it working!). You then remove Key B and lock the car.

Now unlock the car using Key A - the settings should be as you set them for this key. Lock the car again using Key A and then unlock using Key B - the settings should now be as you set them for this key, once check lock the car using Key B
Old 05-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mathmos' date='May 3 2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry don't have that spec but as I understand it there isn't a menu option as such. You would unlock the car with Key A and with that key in the ignition, configure the cars settings as you want them ( things such as locking car after moving off, unlock drivers door or all doors ). You then remove Key A and lock the car.

Now unlock the car using Key B and with that key in the ignition, configure the cars settings as you want them (but different to Key A if you want to check it working!). You then remove Key B and lock the car.

Now unlock the car using Key A - the settings should be as you set them for this key. Lock the car again using Key A and then unlock using Key B - the settings should now be as you set them for this key, once check lock the car using Key B
[snapback]123346[/snapback]
Mathmos. Thanks. That all works...........but when I set the seat position as outlined above, there is no memory. And I reckon it's because I do not have that particular option on the I drive.
But would like a fellow UK Sport spec driver to confirm.

Cheers
Gudge.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:18 AM
Contributors

in order to get seat memory you have to have ordered the 'full electric seats with memory function for drivers seat' option.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I have the standard part electric seats and can confirm I have no memory function

I think the part memory seats are great and like the way they work. I used to have the memory seats on a previous car and to be honest I never used the function apart from the odd demo. I think BMW have done well to include the part elec seats as standard equipment. The 2 main adjustments you need are up/down and the backrest. I would not waste my money on the others plus who wants to share an e60 with anyone . It'll all end in tears
Old 05-04-2005, 04:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='May 3 2005, 06:44 PM
I have the standard part electric seats and can confirm I have no memory function

I think the part memory seats are great and like the way they work. I used to have the memory seats on a previous car and to be honest I never used the function apart from the odd demo. I think BMW have done well to include the part elec seats as standard equipment. The 2 main adjustments you need are up/down and the backrest. I would not waste my money on the others plus who wants to share an e60 with anyone . It'll all end in tears
[snapback]123461[/snapback]
Thanks Merv.......at last the deifnitive answer I was looking for!
I agree with you, the seats are great. My wife and I only ever need to use the manually operated front and back function. We find that we do not even need to readjust the wing mirrors, as they have such a large field of vision anyway!.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Gudge' date='May 4 2005, 07:17 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='May 3 2005, 06:44 PM']I have the standard part electric seats and can confirm I have no memory function

[snapback]123461[/snapback]
Thanks Merv.......at last the deifnitive answer I was looking for!
I agree with you, the seats are great. My wife and I only ever need to use the manually operated front and back function. We find that we do not even need to readjust the wing mirrors, as they have such a large field of vision anyway!.
[snapback]123824[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 05-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

is the electric steering wheel adjustment part of the electric seats/drivers memory package?
Old 05-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by sapkan' date='May 4 2005, 11:25 PM
is the electric steering wheel adjustment part of the electric seats/drivers memory package?
[snapback]124043[/snapback]
Yep, correct.

SA 459.