5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Parked Car Operations Problem (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/parked-car-operations-problem-55233/)

top6491 05-19-2008 10:46 AM

I'm trying to get my '05 545 to vent the cabin using the Parked Car Operations "Vent" feature. I set the two timers for different times and activate they by checking the box above the time. I then exit the menu and confirm that the Red fan indicator under the fan speed control knob is lighted. But the car does not run the fan at the set time. I've set both timers (I cannot determine if the time I have set is 5PM or 5AM) and have not had either one work. Has anyone used this, or maybe better had this not work, and then fixed it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

EBMCS03 05-19-2008 11:07 AM

I used it before and it worked. but dont really use it anymore. *shrugs*

I would suggest unchecking it and leaving it off for a day and then try setting it and enabling it again. Sometimes software just needs a reboot. Click it off and click it on again... but leaving it unchecked overnight would just ensure that the car goes to sleep with the feature off and when you check it back on it'll be "fresh"

top6491 05-20-2008 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='583757' date='May 19 2008, 12:07 PM
I used it before and it worked. but dont really use it anymore. *shrugs*

I would suggest unchecking it and leaving it off for a day and then try setting it and enabling it again. Sometimes software just needs a reboot. Click it off and click it on again... but leaving it unchecked overnight would just ensure that the car goes to sleep with the feature off and when you check it back on it'll be "fresh"

The boxes uncheck themselves. Did it again last night, so I think they are "resetting", just not taking. When it does come on, the red light is supposed to flash right? Also, do you hear and feel the air coming through the vents, or is it slow?

tprindle 05-20-2008 12:06 PM

5 am or 5 pm - I have my clock set for military time (24 hour clock) so I don't have this problem.

It has always worked for me - the fan graphic blinks red until the fan starts and then shows steady red. You should be able to hear the fan motor running. Also the air is coming out the windshield defrost vent and not the AC vents.

EBMCS03 05-20-2008 08:24 PM

Ya you can hear it... its fairly loud and you can totally feel the air blowing.

top6491 05-21-2008 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by tprindle' post='584595' date='May 20 2008, 01:06 PM
5 am or 5 pm - I have my clock set for military time (24 hour clock) so I don't have this problem.

It has always worked for me - the fan graphic blinks red until the fan starts and then shows steady red. You should be able to hear the fan motor running. Also the air is coming out the windshield defrost vent and not the AC vents.

Thanks, that's different fomr mine. My fan graphic stays solid red as soon I set it and never blinks.

GT Premi 05-21-2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by top6491' post='585178' date='May 21 2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks, that's different fomr mine. My fan graphic stays solid red as soon I set it and never blinks.

So does mine. But my system works. You're probably setting it for the wrong times. Why can't you tell whether it's AM or PM? :huh:

top6491 05-22-2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by GT Premi' post='585318' date='May 21 2008, 10:24 AM
So does mine. But my system works. You're probably setting it for the wrong times. Why can't you tell whether it's AM or PM? :huh:

Ok, I have the system in 24 hour time, and I had the timer set for 5AM, not 1700 so I could notice if it was working. I was able to make it work w/o the timer, so I'm hoping when I get to my car this afternoon I will see that it came on at 1700. Thanks for the input...

bradleyjs 05-23-2008 04:20 AM

I use mine all the time. I set Timer1 for about 15 mins before I plan to leave work and sure enough it works everytime. Could it be related to a "low" battery condition and the computer won't allow it to activate?