E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

owner's manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

My friend (the one who thinks that there are some fanatics on this website) - bought a demo e60 without a manual. It is an 06, but with a key (pre sept 05 build). The dealership got him another owners pack - and wew were playing around in his car last night and he got a disc - not a book like I did. Anyone else get this? Also, his binder had a nifty snap on it.

He could not get his door opener to work. He does not think he has a rolling code (becasue he set it up on his SUV without a problem). We followed the instructions and it did not work. Any ideas? Do you have to program the first button (1) prior to programming number three?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='215039' date='Dec 23 2005, 06:09 PM
My friend (the one who thinks that there are some fanatics on this website) - bought a demo e60 without a manual. It is an 06, but with a key (pre sept 05 build). The dealership got him another owners pack - and wew were playing around in his car last night and he got a disc - not a book like I did. Anyone else get this? Also, his binder had a nifty snap on it.

He could not get his door opener to work. He does not think he has a rolling code (becasue he set it up on his SUV without a problem). We followed the instructions and it did not work. Any ideas? Do you have to program the first button (1) prior to programming number three?
Do a search,tons of information about the home link garage door opener.If you still can't get it to work get intouch with homelink and they will walk you through it.Good luck
cheers
vern
Old 12-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

My garage door opener also has a rolling code, the instructions in the manual worked fine. I think there are a couple of extra steps for homelink if the opener is rolling code.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi dgjk:

Do you check out the disk? Is it indeed a manual? We got nice binders with snaps to hold all sorts of booklets that came with both our 545i and our X5. And, our manuals are paper.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Originally Posted by vnod' post='215077

Hi dgjk:

Do you check out the disk? Is it indeed a manual? We got nice binders with snaps to hold all sorts of booklets that came with both our 545i and our X5. And, our manuals are paper.
[/quote]

No, he did not want to check the disc out. Said he would get to it later. (read never) - but I did finally tell him what the phone symbol was for un his idrive(missed calls). I have a nice leather binder, just no snaps.

Hope the holidays are treating you well!
Old 12-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='215087

Hi dgjk:

No, he did not want to check the disc out. Said he would get to it later. (read never) - but I did finally tell him what the phone symbol was for un his idrive(missed calls). I have a nice leather binder, just no snaps.

Hope the holidays are treating you well!
[/quote]I see, and yes we are having a great time. All is as hectic as usual, but that's part of the fun. And, I hope your holidays are going well too.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Use the link from this post to get your homelink squared away...

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&showtop...ndpost&p=209974

As far as the disc, there was a DVD owner's manual that came with my car. An .iso image was uploaded to Busta's ftp site a while ago but I don't think the passwords are working right now for his site...