E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Outside Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey everyone... I dono if you have the same problem as me, but everytime i reverse, and the Tilt-Down function on the outside mirrror on the passenger side gets activated... the mirror tilts down too far that it becomes useless rather than useful... and when i adjust it just right for me, when i finished parking my car... the mirror comes back up too high rather than to the original point that is memorised. is there any way I can have the car memorise to tilt it down the amount that i want and come back up normally??? thanks for any help...
Old 11-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Contributors

as far as i know there is no way you can adjust it. I never heard any complaint about the angle. It is angled for you to see the curb not else. You might want to try your seating a little bit.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Mine doesn't tilt when reverse is selected! Is it part of the folding/anti-dazzle option I should have paid extra for and didn't?
Old 11-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Members

You can turn this feature on and off by the mirror selector control for the electric mirrors. By leaving the right mirror selected it activates, but leaving the left mirror selected it no longer dips. (it could be the other way round for LHD cars).

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='193322' date='Nov 4 2005, 11:38 AM
Mine doesn't tilt when reverse is selected! Is it part of the folding/anti-dazzle option I should have paid extra for and didn't?
Its part of the electric seats/memory seats option. If your car has this option try moving the mirror selector button as i mentioned in my previous post.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by diesel020' post='193323
Its part of the electric seats/memory seats option. If your car has this option try moving the mirror selector button as i mentioned in my previous post.
[/quote]

Thanks diesel020,

Not got those either , I shall have to keep adjusting the mirror down manually to save my alloys when reversing and forget I'm driving a ?45,000 car.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='193326
You can turn this feature on and off by the mirror selector control for the electric mirrors. By leaving the right mirror selected it activates, but leaving the left mirror selected it no longer dips. (it could be the other way round for LHD cars).

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' post='193322' date='Nov 4 2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks diesel020,

Not got those either , I shall have to keep adjusting the mirror down manually to save my alloys when reversing and forget I'm driving a ?45,000 car.
[/quote]
Time to upgrade
Old 11-04-2005, 03:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Unfortunately (or is that fortunately?) I don't have this problem as my ride doesn't have the feature anyway.

I think your best option is to forget about the automatic option and just use your manual mirror adjustment for the occasions when you do need to park close to a kerb. I find that it's no hassle to just press the "joystick" button to tilt the mirror down for the parking manoevre and then adjust it back up again afterwards.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

I think if you're over 6 ft tall, the degree of tilt down seems a bit much. I would prefer if I got a view of the curb a bit further back than what I see in the mirror.
Still, I think it's a very useful feature
Old 11-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Markymark' post='193363' date='Nov 4 2005, 08:00 PM
I think if you're over 6 ft tall, the degree of tilt down seems a bit much. I would prefer if I got a view of the curb a bit further back than what I see in the mirror.
Still, I think it's a very useful feature
I'm with you bro!! I bet there's a way to do it... cuz I did it on my E46...
Old 11-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

I thought that function is standard, I drive on the right so if I want that function to work I would need to put the mirror button on the right and the mirror will tilt down, but I rarely use it so the button is always on the left for me.

Quick Reply: Outside Mirror