E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OUCH!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

had the same thing happen to my car, only, I was in it. Hope you get it worked out - maybe insurance deductible isn't that bad?
Old 05-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i 2007

Originally Posted by jalanson' post='873554' date='May 9 2009, 01:02 PM
So I come out of the supermarket this morning, minding my own business...

The 5er had just gotten a nice weekly maintenance routine (wash, vacuum, wheel clean) nothing fancy, when i notice that someone had bashed into the drivers side corner of my front bumper

The Headlight holding bracket (if that is what it's called) had broken, and the headlight was also misaligned, suprisingly, not too many scratches, just a big dent.

I was able to get my hand in behind the bumper and push the dent out for the most part, but the side of the plastic still won't align with the rest of the car, and the headlight is still popped up...

It infuriates me that someone could bang into a car in a parking lot, with a significant amount of force to do this damage, and not have the decency to leave a note. I once put a small ding in a person's car in a parking lot and I left a note just in case!

I would love to use this opportunity to go full out umnitza m5 style front with the foglights, but to be honest cash is a little tight right now...what do you reckon my options are?

Thanks,
Josh
take it to a good bodyshop, go thru insurance as a comprehensive damage so you wont get eny points on your record, and tell the shop that youll pay for the m bumper difference, not only youll get your bumper , but youll have the inner structure fixed, if there are eny dammages and the headlight replaced.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RISK' post='875939' date='May 12 2009, 05:00 AM
take it to a good bodyshop, go thru insurance as a comprehensive damage so you wont get eny points on your record, and tell the shop that youll pay for the m bumper difference, not only youll get your bumper , but youll have the inner structure fixed, if there are eny dammages and the headlight replaced.
why would he get points on his record for his car being hit in a parking lot? what are you talking about? your insurance company doesnt apply points to your license..
Old 05-12-2009, 01:27 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i 2007

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='875942' date='May 12 2009, 04:08 AM
why would he get points on his record for his car being hit in a parking lot? what are you talking about? your insurance company doesnt apply points to your license..

what are you talking about? what license?? did I mention license? there are 2 claims the insurance company makes, if he calls and sais I was hit at a parking lot, there gona charge him collision which his deductible will be 500 or 1000 and will be a point on his insurance record, which will raise his insurance... if he sais, he doesnt know what hit his car, it could of possibly be a shopping cart, or a bicycle .. or he just doesnt know.. then thats a comprehensive, and when its a comprehensive claim , he doesnt get a point on his driving record, plus, his deductible mite be 250$ or 0, depends what he signed up with the insurance provider.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RISK' post='875953' date='May 12 2009, 05:27 AM
what are you talking about? what license?? did I mention license? there are 2 claims the insurance company makes, if he calls and sais I was hit at a parking lot, there gona charge him collision which his deductible will be 500 or 1000 and will be a point on his insurance record, which will raise his insurance... if he sais, he doesnt know what hit his car, it could of possibly be a shopping cart, or a bicycle .. or he just doesnt know.. then thats a comprehensive, and when its a comprehensive claim , he doesnt get a point on his driving record, plus, his deductible mite be 250$ or 0, depends what he signed up with the insurance provider.
insurance companies dont use a point system. i think you may be mistaken for points on your license playing a role in ones insurance premiums.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525i Black/Black Sport, Prem, 6M, Sirius

I'm going to take it to a local bodyshop around here and see what they can do. My guess is they will be able to make it look like brand new without replacing the bumper, since the bumper isn't too bad, it's just misaligned. Will keep you all posted, but if they can't make it look like new, then i think it's m-tech time

My insurance deductible is 500, so if the damage can be repaired for less than that, i'm just going to avoid making a claim...