E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

OUCH!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525i Black/Black Sport, Prem, 6M, Sirius

So I come out of the supermarket this morning, minding my own business...

The 5er had just gotten a nice weekly maintenance routine (wash, vacuum, wheel clean) nothing fancy, when i notice that someone had bashed into the drivers side corner of my front bumper

The Headlight holding bracket (if that is what it's called) had broken, and the headlight was also misaligned, suprisingly, not too many scratches, just a big dent.

I was able to get my hand in behind the bumper and push the dent out for the most part, but the side of the plastic still won't align with the rest of the car, and the headlight is still popped up...

It infuriates me that someone could bang into a car in a parking lot, with a significant amount of force to do this damage, and not have the decency to leave a note. I once put a small ding in a person's car in a parking lot and I left a note just in case!

I would love to use this opportunity to go full out umnitza m5 style front with the foglights, but to be honest cash is a little tight right now...what do you reckon my options are?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 05-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

women drivers

the worst bit is she probably dint even no she hit u

i refuse point blank to park any were nr a shopping center / super market for this very reason
Old 05-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

That sucks, I hope it gets repaired quickly and that you find a way to swing the Umnitza bumper anyway!!
Old 05-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='873566' date='May 9 2009, 07:28 PM
That sucks, I hope it gets repaired quickly and that you find a way to swing the Umnitza bumper anyway!!
+1

good luck
Old 05-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Senior Members

Its always hurts when your babie gets hurt. I hope you find the best resolution...
I would try to go for the umnitza m5 bumper
Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

Sorry, man. Some people are just jerks. GL on the repairs.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

I hate when people do that. Some people have no class.....I was heading to a business meeting once and a guy I used to work with was maneuvering around the parking lot. He bumped into another car. It was obvious he did it and I am sure he knew what he had done. We both finished parking our cars.....he got out of his car and went quickly towards the building, he didn't even glance at the other car. I called to him and said "hey...you just hit that car". He stopped and looked at the bumper of the other car, wiped it a bit and said there was no damage. He had hit it pretty hard so I expect some buffing was going to be required. Regardless, the guy wasn't even going to check had he not been called on it.

Some people have no consideration for others....

Originally Posted by jalanson' post='873554' date='May 9 2009, 01:02 PM
So I come out of the supermarket this morning, minding my own business...

The 5er had just gotten a nice weekly maintenance routine (wash, vacuum, wheel clean) nothing fancy, when i notice that someone had bashed into the drivers side corner of my front bumper

The Headlight holding bracket (if that is what it's called) had broken, and the headlight was also misaligned, suprisingly, not too many scratches, just a big dent.

I was able to get my hand in behind the bumper and push the dent out for the most part, but the side of the plastic still won't align with the rest of the car, and the headlight is still popped up...

It infuriates me that someone could bang into a car in a parking lot, with a significant amount of force to do this damage, and not have the decency to leave a note. I once put a small ding in a person's car in a parking lot and I left a note just in case!

I would love to use this opportunity to go full out umnitza m5 style front with the foglights, but to be honest cash is a little tight right now...what do you reckon my options are?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 05-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

sorry to hear about that man. I know how it feels.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributors

OUch, i would just contact the insurance and let them take care of it if your deductible is not too high. GL with your repairs, or maybe it is time for MODS.
Old 05-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Contributors

Some people can degrade one's perception of an upscale sophisticated community! Looks like the only "CLASS" in Princeton is second grade.

I shutter when I park at Pct Jct to train to NYC.