E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ouch

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i

Originally Posted by Ray Hull' post='267922' date='Apr 11 2006, 07:30 PM
Depends on the insurance carrier. Often, they'll write a check for co-endorsement--you and the body shop. I'd approach a delaer and tell him what you have in mind. Bottom line is it is YOUR money to do what you will with it. And I'd consider a new quarter panel.

Good luck,
Ray Hull
yep.. i'd wish they could replace both the quarter panel and the rear bumber as well (if they dont let me put the money into the purchase of the m-aero kit).. but from the local body shop that i checked this morning they think that the insurance adjuster will just cover for fixing the scratches and the minor dent on the quarter panel and repaint. (which doesnt cost that much more than the deductable)..

this totally sucks (esp since i have a week off from work, and now i cant even drive around (broken taillight = ticket)). :thumbsdown:

i'll find out tomorrow just how annoying this will be.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mystic Blue, Beige Leather, Sport, Premium, Prem Sound, Xenon, Nav, Steptronic, Power Shade

Originally Posted by tiptronic' post='267923' date='Apr 11 2006, 05:35 PM
yep.. i'd wish they could replace both the quarter panel and the rear bumber as well (if they dont let me put the money into the purchase of the m-aero kit).. but from the local body shop that i checked this morning they think that the insurance adjuster will just cover for fixing the scratches and the minor dent on the quarter panel and repaint. (which doesnt cost that much more than the deductable)..

this totally sucks (esp since i have a week off from work, and now i cant even drive around (broken taillight = ticket)). :thumbsdown:

i'll find out tomorrow just how annoying this will be.

i would guess you can still drive without getting a ticket.

keep your service appointment info with you.

use your old handsignals to show intent to turn left.

you still have two brake lights (center and right side) (which is the minimum requirement in most states)

good luck on the quick fix. ps. they should pay your deductible. (the trucker should pay for all of the damage -- you only should have to pay for the upgrade difference)
Old 04-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Members

My Ride: OLD RIDE- 2004 Titanium Silver Metallic 545I, Sports Package, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats. NEW RIDE- 2005 Silver Gray Metallic 545I, Sports package, 6 Speed manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats and Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by tiptronic' post='266421' date='Apr 8 2006, 01:23 PM
because of this....

i now have this....

coulda been worse. but it still sucks none the less.

Ballpark repair cost estimate: $1500 to $2500 depending on undercarriage damage, if any. Repair time will depend on how busy the body shop is.
Good luck.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i

so it seems the cost isnt too bad, just over a grand.. they say they'll fix the scratches, dents and replace the taillamp. i could even have the car back on tuesday if i drop it off tomorrow. from the sounds of the insurance appraiser, using the money to put in for a m-aero kit (even if i pay for everything else) might be considered as fraud. asked again since i said that i'll still be replacing the taillamp, getting the quarter panel fixed up and replacing the rear bumper.. he said to not let him know if i do do that..

went to the dealer, geez, at first the parts guy was like, the entire kit? 4k.

good thing i had the e60 accessories booklet with me since in there it stated the whole kit was 1690. then he said "oh, i was thinking of the 04 model". then for a minute he tried to say that the 1690 wasnt for the whole kit (where in the booklet it stated, front, rear and side skirts). needless to say, there'll be no kit for me (for now at least) .

yikes..

i just want my car fixed.