E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ouch

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i

because of this....

i now have this....

coulda been worse. but it still sucks none the less.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch... what happened?
Old 04-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

well thank god it seems like no body part cutting will be required only new bumper and a paint for the rear side.....with a little body work.
now you can think of Mtech rear bumber via the insurance....
Old 04-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Lucky nothing worse happened.

That monster could have made a raisin of your E60.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

This is consider a "tiny" damage when it's with a 18-wheelers.
How did you make him stop?? If I am the trucker, I'll probably can't even feel it.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='266453' date='Apr 8 2006, 11:52 AM
That monster could have made a raisin of your E60.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Members

the guy was trying to cut infront of the car behind me (it's a 'mutual' merging lane where people usual alternate who goes next from the two lanes), guess he couldnt see exactly how much space was between his truck and my car. he was going real slow, maybe 5/10 mph, as i was stopped in traffic. i saw him in my rear view as he crept closer i had no space in front of me to move up or to a different lane to avoid it.

he and the truck are licensed in canada.. i hope this wont cause any delays in getting my car repaired. there was state troopers around so a report was filed, no one got a summons. i wonder how much it'll cost, the tail light is busted, the bumper is a bit dented and scratched and the rear quarter panel is scratched too.

question is.. will this greatly impact my insurance? either now or when it's time for renewal?
Old 04-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='266470' date='Apr 8 2006, 02:14 PM
This is consider a "tiny" damage when it's with a 18-wheelers.
How did you make him stop?? If I am the trucker, I'll probably can't even feel it.
yea, his bumper where it made contact with my car only had a few tiny scratches, not even noticable from 3 feet away. luckly he noticed and pulled over as i did as well. (i guess he saw when i started pulling to the side and my rear light was broken.)
Old 04-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Members

question... im supposed to meet up w/ the insurance adjuster to see what they determine as the cost to fix my 530. im wondering, with whatever they estimate, can i use that and go get an m-aero kit? or is that a no-no, in that it can only be used towards the fix?

i've already gotten an estimate, seems like i just need to get the taillight replaced (duh) and the body shop can fix the scratches and paint it up to match.

since im gonna have to put in 500 bux for the deductable, i would rather spend it on a m aero kit as thats what i planned / am planning to do..

..also, anyone deal w/ the bmw dealer in nyc on 57th? i think they have a body shop there.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by tiptronic' post='267920' date='Apr 11 2006, 08:24 PM
question... im supposed to meet up w/ the insurance adjuster to see what they determine as the cost to fix my 530. im wondering, with whatever they estimate, can i use that and go get an m-aero kit? or is that a no-no, in that it can only be used towards the fix?

i've already gotten an estimate, seems like i just need to get the taillight replaced (duh) and the body shop can fix the scratches and paint it up to match.

since im gonna have to put in 500 bux for the deductable, i would rather spend it on a m aero kit as thats what i planned / am planning to do..

..also, anyone deal w/ the bmw dealer in nyc on 57th? i think they have a body shop there.
Depends on the insurance carrier. Often, they'll write a check for co-endorsement--you and the body shop. I'd approach a delaer and tell him what you have in mind. Bottom line is it is YOUR money to do what you will with it. And I'd consider a new quarter panel.

Good luck,
Ray Hull

Quick Reply: ouch