E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Orient Blue, What interior?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order for European Delivery 550i SilverGrey Sports, Winter, Prem Pkg, Prem sound, NAV, HUD, comfort seats

I am first on the list at a dealer for the 550. Also my first BMW

Thinking of European delivery (depending on how my trading account does, I may opt to get it quicker in the states even though it cost more, but you get it quicker)

I like the orient blue metallic and know the beige is classic with it but from what I read here, the beige just gets too dirty. Auburn looks like a baseball glove, I don't care for it.

that leaves gray and black interiors. Wife says black inside with blue outside aint too great. It doesnt bother me.

So the question is gray vs. black. Anybody care to chime in?

Thanks

Steve
Old 04-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Contributors

I have the Orient Blue with black interior. When I was first looking at it I wasn't thrilled with the color combo but a year later I'm happy I made the choice. My previous 540 was Biarritz blue/Gry interior. The interior got quite dirty and the wear was quite visible. FYI I don't have children. You can't go wrong with the Orient/Black combo. Just a word of advice either get the sunshades or tint her. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: various
Model Year: F10 2015 M Sport 530d

black i reackon, can't go wrong with it. I know what they say about mixing blue with black, but for cars its fine.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Members

My Ride: On Order for European Delivery 550i SilverGrey Sports, Winter, Prem Pkg, Prem sound, NAV, HUD, comfort seats

Originally Posted by ScorpioBMW1' date='Apr 25 2005, 04:26 PM
I have the Orient Blue with black interior. When I was first looking at it I wasn't thrilled with the color combo but a year later I'm happy I made the choice. My previous 540 was Biarritz blue/Gry interior. The interior got quite dirty and the wear was quite visible. FYI I don't have children. You can't go wrong with the Orient/Black combo. Just a word of advice either get the sunshades or tint her. Good luck!
[snapback]119862[/snapback]

Do you have any pix? I hope to get the ventilated seats and it's not all that sunny here in Boston area so.....
Old 04-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Gray is harder to take care of than Beige.

You get black dirt into the leather grain, and it is nearly impossible to get out.
It's to bad, because I think the gray color is so nice looking... but I got black because I want my seats to look good forever.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue Metallic, Auburn Leather, Sport Pkg., NAV, Sat Radio, L7.

Originally Posted by Cyclist' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:19 PM
I am first on the list at a dealer for the 550.? Also my first BMW

Thinking of European delivery (depending on how my trading account does, I may opt to get it quicker in the states even though it cost more, but you get it quicker)

I like the orient blue metallic and know the beige is classic with it but from what I read here, the beige just gets too dirty.? Auburn looks like a baseball glove, I don't care for it.

that leaves gray and black interiors.? Wife says black inside with blue outside aint too great.? It doesnt bother me.?

So the question is gray vs. black.? Anybody care to chime in?

Thanks

Steve
[snapback]119858[/snapback]
Old 04-25-2005, 12:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue Metallic, Auburn Leather, Sport Pkg., NAV, Sat Radio, L7.
Talking

Originally Posted by Cyclist' date='Apr 25 2005, 03:19 PM
I am first on the list at a dealer for the 550.? Also my first BMW

I like the orient blue metallic and know the beige is classic with it but from what I read here, the beige just gets too dirty.? Auburn looks like a baseball glove, I don't care for it.

that leaves gray and black interiors.? Wife says black inside with blue outside aint too great.? It doesnt bother me.?

So the question is gray vs. black.? Anybody care to chime in?

Thanks

Steve
[snapback]119858[/snapback]

I have an 2/05 delivery 545i that is Orient Blue w Auburn. It is awesome!!!! I get nothing but compliments on how rich and classy it looks. You should consider it.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Go for the black interior. It is kind of smoked, so it will go well.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Cyclist,

I just got the black dakota with light poplar wood and IMHO its stunning. I had the grey with anthracite wood before which looked a little clinical and the grey got really dirty. My current interior looks very expensive and lavish
Attached Thumbnails Orient Blue, What interior?-2005_0330image0012.jpg  
Old 04-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Apr 25 2005, 02:50 PM
Cyclist,

I just got the black dakota with light poplar wood and IMHO its stunning. I had the grey with anthracite wood before which looked a little clinical and the grey got really dirty. My current interior looks very expensive and lavish
[snapback]119930[/snapback]
I don't believe we have the light wood option in the US. It looks so good on your car.

Quick Reply: Orient Blue, What interior?